HowTo: use AdMuncher to filter AdGuards traffic for added comfort and privacy

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Dolfi, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Dolfi

Dolfi Banned

1) WHY would one want to do so???
    AM (www.admuncher.com, now FREE as that a$$h... decided to f*** their paying customers) has some privacy and functionality features that AG has not (yet). IMHO (and as far as I saw the last few days I did so) it does not hurt to use the programs in conjunction (actually chained). Examples of features:
    AM1.jpg AM2.jpg

2) So HowTo?
    Simply add AdGuard to My filter targets list (and check the checkbox to use it): add/use the term "+adguard:*" (w/o the "")
    AM-conf.jpg

You might want to disable the use of Default Filters (on [
    Default Filters]-Tab), the My Filters are pretty handy (removing ad overlays that AG does not remove).
    You may also need/want to disable the "Default filter targets list" (see above screenshot, dropdown My filter targets and choose
    Default filter targets, cklich the checkbox besides Use this list. I dunno about this bc. I have a strange/different setup (not browsing on the machine where AG and AM are installed).

HTH, Dolfi

P.S. If you see this post and ask yourself "WHY would I spend money on AdGuard when such a great tool like AdMuncher is FREEEEE.
    Read
    http://forum.adguard.com/showthread.php?986-Just-Moved-from-Competitor-(Adguard-vs-Ad-Muncher) or read their own forums. AM is abandonware, conceptionally 10yr old(!), will die. It's just the few additional features it is really useful for. Hopefully AdGuard will add them sooner or later and we can use a single tool.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
  2. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hi all, I am here again.

Few words about our support.

All our support issues are almost sorted out. We have 18 hours SLA for support line 1 now, and at the end of the month we will reduce it to 4 hours (we'll soon have 24 hours support, hurray:)).

About the forum. After improving support line 1 SLA we will finally take care of the forum.
    There will be one more guy besides me whose duty will be to help forum users.

@uBlast, sorry for the delay. I was sure I've answered in PM two days ago but it comes out that something gone wrong, I can't find the message in "Sent items".

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2014
  3. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Topic cleaned and reopened. Please keep it on topic about using Ad Muncher with Adguard, and please try not to attack other forum members' opinions and thoughts - please keep it civil. Discussion about Adguard's support should be posted to a new topic too. Off topic posts will be deleted without warning!

Thanks. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2014