Https filtering protection causing secure connections failing?

FattiesGoneWild

New Member
Clean install of Windows 8.1 and running latest version of Firefox. Just installed AG with default settings. I am noticing on certain websites. I get a failed secure connection? But, when I go to it again or refresh. It will go through? Everything has been perfectly fine until installing AG. Is this just something that AG does some times? Wondering if its even worth using the "https" feature in AG? I am not so sure if it is that safe and reliable?
 

FattiesGoneWild

New Member
I don't want to be a beta tester. But, thank you any ways. I have disabled it for now if it has a issue like this. Which seems so. As you are pointing me to a beta. Since being disabled. I have not seen the problem since. Also. I was filling out a app. online when "https" feature was enabled. Got to a certain area to put in something specific. I could not and it was blank. Once https feature was disabled in AG. I closed the browser and then disabled it. Followed by a reboot. All just for good measure. The box appeared and I was able to finish. So, seems this feature is buggy and needs more work. Or its a minor bug you guys are working on. I don't know.
 

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Moderator
It's an issue that's actively being addressed during the latest beta testing phase, which *may* already be fixed in the latest beta build. There's still a couple TLS and possible revocation check issues within the current beta (which I haven't personally experienced) that need to be ironed out before release, but as I said there's a good chance the secure connection failed message in Firefox is addressed in the beta build(s).
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Moderator
No clue, depends how quickly any remaining issues are squashed and how much testing is required.
 

zspl

New Member
I have installed the beta version provided above and still seeing this issue. Some of the pages will never load, including this forum. I have to uncheck "Use WFP network driver" setting to make all web pages to load. However this will cause some of the pages to recognize ad blocking software installed on computer and I have to disable all protection for some of them.

One of the recent updates of adguard seemed to screw this. It was working all fine before.
 

Nameless

Beta Tester
I believe avatar said its because they updated the security certificate to TLS 1.2 so its causing a few issues.
 

zspl

New Member
What security software (e.g. anti-virus) are you using?
Bitdefender. All the configs on the system and software remained unchanged. The only thing that changed was updated on Adguard side, restart of Windows and now it doesn't work that well anymore. Do you want me to provide more information or anything?
 

zspl

New Member
I thought so, an issue with Bitdefender and the WFP driver was discovered and fixed in the latest beta version released today. Here's the link to the beta if you want to try it. :)

https://download.adguard.com/d/2/adguardInstallerBeta.exe
Thanks, I tried new beta yesterday. So the difference was that whenever i enable option "Use WFP network driver", Bit Defender pops up with notification "disinfection in progress" or something like that. With that seeting enabled, some webpages still won't load.
 

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Moderator
Are you using 5.10.2032.6346? If not that's the build that contains the Bitdefender WFP driver fix.

Also, some anti-virus programs are flagging AdguardNetLib.dll as malicious when it's not (false positive) - you might need to check your quarantine list in Bitdefender.
 

zspl

New Member
Are you using 5.10.2032.6346? If not that's the build that contains the Bitdefender WFP driver fix.

Also, some anti-virus programs are flagging AdguardNetLib.dll as malicious when it's not (false positive) - you might need to check your quarantine list in Bitdefender.
Yes, I have 5.10.2032.6346 installed. Quarantine list is empty even when I enable WFP driver.

I may suggest updating Bitdefender as well.
I have latest version.
 

avatar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There was a false detection of one file from Adguard latest beta version by the BitDefender.

It was fixed today so everything should be good.
 

zspl

New Member
Bottom line is, with the latest Adguard Beta and latest stable BitDefender I still cannot use WFP Driver option in Adguard.
 

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Moderator
Try uninstalling Adguard then reinstall the latest beta. I'm guessing it's potentially missing files due to Bitdefender flagging them. Then it *should* work.
 
Top