Https filtering protection causing secure connections failing?

mysteriously

Beta Tester & Translator
Boo may be right, because if you restore files from Bitdefender you need to click on tickbox "Add to exclusions" or restore the file when anti-virus control is off and then add the file to exclusions manually. Otherwise the file will be immediately detected as dangerous again. Bitdefender does not listen the community and even if Auto-pilot is disabled, the AV does not prompt users what actions on detected thread they want to perform.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Which build of Adguard are you currently running? Which antivirus program(s) do you use? If memory serves me, the majority of the secure connections failing in Firefox issues were potentially addressed in the last Adguard 5.10 build. Hopefully. I haven't encountered any of those issues in a good while now.

Adguard v6, which is currently in public alpha, has some improvements in place in regards to HTTPS filtering, the handling and adding of the Firefox Adguard Personal CA certificate and newer network drivers which *should* also fix the Bitdefender WFP driver incompatibility also mentioned in this thread. If you're still encountering issues hopefully Adguard v6, when it's released as a stable build, fixes any issues you may be encountering with secure connections in Firefox.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
And you're still experiencing this issue? Do you have the Use WFP network driver box unchecked too?

FattiesGoneWild

I have not yet tested it enough. Seems to be okay so far though. I was just mainly curious if the problem was ever truly fixed. I know it was suppose to be. Last I heard a few weeks out. And its been 2 months or so I think from that reply. I imagine it would be fixed now. I could be wrong though.......