I Just wanted to say hello

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by MC Fat Tongue, Jan 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. MC Fat Tongue

MC Fat Tongue New Member

I just wanted to introduce myself and to say hello to all Adguard staff and forum users, my user name is "MC Fat Tongue".:)

I stumbled across Adguard only four days ago from the Wilders Security Forums. I downloaded and installed the trial version, but was so impressed in just one day that I bought a license. I have been able to ditch two resource hungry add-ons from my Firefox (Adblock Plus, and Ghostery) my browser now seem a lot more responsive.

I have one question: At the moment I have the windows version installed, do I lose any functionality not having the Firefox browser addon installed as well (in-particular I mean any blocking functionality or security features). I did briefly try the Firefox addon but couldn't see any extra benifit (one thing, if I were to use it, do I have to set the filter lists up in the addon to match those in the Windows version, or is all the filtering just done by the Windows version.

Regards.

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Greetings and welcome!

Regarding your question, if you have the Firefox (or any browser) extension installed in addition to the Windows version of Adguard filtering within the extension is automatically disabled for the browser extensions. You can verify this by looking at the extension icon - if it's blue, extension filtering is disabled and the Windows version is handling all the filtering. The only reason to use the browser extensions in addition to the Windows version is if you don't want to use the Adguard Assistant extension in Adguard for Windows that's added to webpages. In that case, the browser extension can be substituted for the Assistant - you can block ads using the browser extensions and any ads you block with the extensions are automatically added to the Windows version.

3. MC Fat Tongue

MC Fat Tongue New Member

Thank you Boo Berry, that's all clear now.

I'm going to just use the Windows version with the "Adguard Assistant" as the browser addon adds nothing extra.

Thanks very much for your help.

4. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Great answer, not much to add.

5. MC Fat Tongue

MC Fat Tongue New Member

Hello Gass,

Thank you for the welcome, I would also like to welcome you too. :D

6. vikisangre

vikisangre New Member

hi from me I am also new

7. kimcros

kimcros New Member

Hello everyone, I have also joined recently and I hope for an interesting topic

8. Joshua_Taylor

Joshua_Taylor New Member

Hello, Guys, I'm also new here. :)

9. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Greetings, and welcome to the forums! :)

10. kate44

kate44 New Member

Hello and welcome :)