I would like a way (within) AdGuard Forums...

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Gass, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Gass

Gass Member

Team Adguard and Adguard Forums Administrators.

Please make a way within the Adguard Forums to translate each language (Russian-English) to the other to help unite us in discussions and of a fuller understanding to all things Adguard. I feel each language is a barrier for the other forums member side base, yet we both live in one space on the net, not of two separate - but are keep separated with a language barrier, and both very much interested in the same topic of "Adguard". We could learn and grow from understanding each others questions and answers about Adguard.

It's only the Administrators at an advantage here to understand all conversations of the Russian - English Forums members base and that shouldn't be allowed to stay like this forever.

XenForo Translations
    https://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/translations.31/

I find a Question on XenForo - "Is XenForo Russian language friendly ?"
    https://xenforo.com/community/threads/is-xenforo-russian-language-friendly.100787/#post-953415

Which also asks an additional question of - '"One more question: is it possible to switch language of forum "on-the fly" - by clicking on language image or something like this ?"'
    Which is answered like this "In a multi language forum there is a language selector, yes. It would be next to the Style Chooser in the bottom left corner and display the name of the current selected language. - A user can change it in their preferences, too."

I can change this setting as described above, but it doesn't work as I would of expected and wanted in a cross
    sub-site translation to understanding the Russian language texts in that of my English words texts. So you must have something not setup for this to actually be working for members in understanding the others language texts.
    On the referenced question link above it also said - "Yes, the language switcher is in the footer. We only have one language installed here so it doesn't show."
    So the fact that, I do see an ability to open the Language Chooser and select a different language (Russian) in this case, but two were shown, means that you have both available on the site but translations are not happening. In fact the only changes I'm actually seeing when switching of the languages are of the forums labels and tabs that are apart of the forums already structure, not of all the entered texts of threads topics and post texts are being translated over but, staying of the original language the were established and submitted in either Russian or English. I tried this on both the Russian and English forums switching over to the other languages.

I do wish very much to be able to see the translations of threads titles and posts texts within the Adguard's Forums without using other means outside of the forums. :)
    Gass

2. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I agree that it would be great to have some sort of "translate" button for every post, just like it's done in Facebook.

However, these modules you've linked are for forum interface language, it won't change posts text.
    I have not yet found an add-on doing it.

3. Gass

Gass Member

@ avatar,
    thanks for your sentiments, alas if we all were of one tongue, life would be to easy and boring.
    maybe forum members can voice in what work around they find helpful to them.
    sorry my links weren't all that helpful as that of my ideal had in merit.
    thanks, Gass

4. Gass

Gass Member

You know Avatar I just noticed with IE11 browser I can't even rt ck translate with Bing - cause is grayed out on Adguard site. This anything to do with the forums or Adguard in general?
    I don't know if MS has other extensions now that it's limited the selection - last time I was there.
    I'd hate to install a translating software for this as a option.

This caught my eye and I wanted to know more-
    "Adguard+Purevpn/Vyprvpn не работают вместе"
    https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?threads/adguard-purevpn-vyprvpn-не-работают-вместе.13937/#post-102197

Link translated with Google translate here-
    https://translate.google.com/transl...%81%D1%82%D0%B5.13937/#post-102197&edit-text=

It's a tease with an English title and texts in Russian.
    EDIT:D Don't look good, all app's only offered on MS IE addon's and I stripped out store from my OS...
    Gass

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016