Incorporate something like these - making poison data

Discussion in 'Feature Requests (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Gass, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Gass

Gass Member

Incorporate something like these ideals in to AG for Windows to help making U digitally invisible -
    ADNAUSEUM, registers a click on all the ads in your ad blocker and stops any attempt to build a profile filled with your preferences based on the ads you click.
    "as the data gathered shows an omnivorous click-stream, user profiling, targeting and surveillance becomes futile."

Note: site is currently offline. However, because the site uses CloudFlare's Always Onlineā„¢ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site.
    https://adnauseam.io/

TrackMeNot, helps protect web searchers from surveillance and data-profiling by search engines. It does so NOT by means of concealment or encryption (i.e. covering one's tracks), but instead, paradoxically, by the opposite strategy: noise and obfuscation.

TrackMeNot creates fake queries to stop search engines from creating a profile on you.
    For example, when you search 'leather boots,' it will also send along 'ghost', 'Spanish American War' and 'painters tape'. These extra words won't affect your search results, but it will confuse the search engines browsers.
    With TrackMeNot, actual web searches are lost in a cloud of false leads and are essentially hidden in plain view.
    https://cs.nyu.edu/trackmenot/

Thanks, Gass

2. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

But there are no reason to use this 'white noise' method when we already have means to simply block trackers from sending information about your actions. Or maybe I missed your point here?

3. Gass

Gass Member

Hi Vasily,
    I really can't answer this correctly without knowing how AG blocks trackers then without and after reading up in the coming updated knowledge base of Adguard. I mean no contempt in my referencing the knowledge base. I just don't know right now but am looking forward to learning of more than cookies being blocked. Which blocking cookies is like having to draw water from a stream instead of turning on the tap in your home - just methods used improved upon the older way and cookies are not the only way we are being tracked.

These two tactics just seemed as good ways in their extra layer of protection should trackers not be blocked in some ways and then help to poison any data that would be tracked or leaked while online. The term white noise must mean AG has considered this too as I've not herd this term used much in my web searches.

Still again till someone comes up with a way to prevent fingerprinting methods, profile tracking across different devices and platforms, and that of system ID-ing, I consider all now preventions being somewhat at the lower end of the spectrum with what's out there and we are bombarded with every single time we go online.

EDIT: 10-14-2016
    Vasily or any other reader here - PLEASE - have a look at my thread and posts at-

Digital Privacy - Have You Considered Yours
    https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?threads/digital-privacy-have-you-considered-yours.14570/

This referenced thread will hopefully give more in an understanding to whoever and help you with knowledge and just exactly what I meant by my statement of-
    "I consider all now preventions being somewhat at the lower end of the spectrum with what's out there and we are bombarded with every single time we go online."
    PLEASE do contribute or comment on this Referenced Thread if you'd like, as I'm wanting to hear what you think, what your doing to prevent-limit such from happening to you, as well as any positive or negative thoughts about anything related.
    Peace and goodwill and not being TRACKED be your destiny...

Thank you,
    Gass :)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016