Incorrect extension blocking?

aisasis

Hello everyone!

While Adguard is ON I can't visit no one website with ".io" extension, nothing is displayed on screen. Once Adguard is OFF I can visit them.

Why Adguard blocks ".io" extension websites?

Thank you

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Which website exactly and which filters are enabled?

aisasis

Hi!

All pages with "io" extension. I mean, nScreenshot_20220724-070006_AdGuard.jpgo one specific page.

So far I haven't created no one rules.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
DNS filter does not block all websites with io as TLD. Please state some full URLs, thank you.
Also what is the error message you see when visiting such a website?
Please also manually check for filter updates (screenshot shows an outdated filter).

aisasis

This address is one that Adguard does not allow me to visit:

Regards the error message, there isn't any message: When I try to access the web address, the screen goes blank and so it stays without showing any message or result

aisasis

From the Ziprecruiter App. This is an App to find work. Once the job is selected, the App try to show the page related with it.

aisasis

... but the general situation is that I can't visit any page with extension ".io" when Adguard is ON.... Once I put it OFF the problem disappear... :(

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
If they all use click.appcast.io it should be fixed after above pull request is merged.
If they use different .Io url I need the domain and origin of the link.

aisasis

Sorry for waiting time, I was busy!
It may be that Ziprecruiter uses it, I can't confirm it, but it would be fine if you help me to correct this error. And another address that is blocked by Adguard is https://lafenice.io.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
New url is not in DNS filter. Other one got whitelisted and update should be available soon.

aisasis

But, for my part, do I have to do something in the App to be able to access the lafenice.io site or should I just wait for the new update?

Sorry for this question, I don't know we'll Adguard App.