Instructions

Jim Reid

Is there anywhere that has simple instructions to a newbee on how to install ADGuard? I installed it on my Samsung Galaxy S9 plus and took all the defaults and it says 'Protection Disabled'. I don't know anything about DNS or filter logs, etc., so I assumed that the defaults would start the protection.

Help!!

Jim Reid

Boo, sorry if I wasn't clear. What you responded to was correct, I just didn't ask the question correctly. I got through the install but when I go to the app it says "Protection Disabled" I took all the default options when installing and entered my email for the trial and everything looks fine except for that message.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
When you tap on the gray button, do you get asked if you want to enable a VPN? Press yes there.
I guess the phone is on Android 8?

Jim Reid

When you tap on the gray button, do you get asked if you want to enable a VPN? Press yes there.
I guess the phone is on Android 8?
Yes, When I hit the grey button it did ask me and asked for access to things and I ok'ed that too. Then it came back to the same grey button saying 'protection disabled'. It's a Galaxy S9 Plus.