Internet connection has repeatedly dropped out

Discussion in 'Technical Support (Adguard for Windows)' started by Nick, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Nick

Nick Member

Not sure if this is a coincidence or not but since installing the Adguard trial, my internet connection has repeatedly dropped out..well to be more precise, the connection from computer to router drops. I'm not entirely sure if other devices are affected but so far it has only happened on the PC which Adguard is installed. Router lights suggest it is still connected to the exchange.

Will need to test another computer without Adguard to see if the same happens.

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Very odd. What version of Windows are you using? Anti-virus? Anti-malware? Type of network card?

3. Nick

Nick Member

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with SP1. ESET Smart Security v6 and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (runs on demand).

Abit Airpace network card.

I will spend some time working from one of my laptops tomorrow as Adguard isn't installed on them to see if it persists. If it does, I can rule out Adguard and start looking at the router. It's just a bit weird but perhaps just coincidental.

4. ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver Beta Tester

Hello Nick,

After reinstalling Adguard a few days ago the problem I had connecting to the internet is gone. I believe Adguard update the version since February when I lost internet connection. I do have a problem with the speed of my internet connection after reboot, it takes longer. I'm running AG on a new HP computer. I might reformat to get all the crap off they put on new computers, which I think is my problem. I do have another license of AG that I will be putting on my Toshiba laptop sometime next week and see how that runs. Btw: I'm running NIS and MBAM Pro (realtime).

5. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Just a thought, do you have the WFP driver enabled or have you tried enabling it and rebooting to see if it makes a difference?

6. ProTruckDriver

Hi Boo Berry.

Yep my WFP driver is enabled. My Toshiba and Dell connect to the internet fast (both were reformatted). This is my first HP computer and they sure put a lot of unwanted crap about HP on it. After connection (about 2 minutes) everything work great. So when I get up in the morning the first thing I do is turn the computer on, go make a cup of coffee and by that time everything is ready to go. I think a good reformat will help this computer greatly.

7. Nick

Nick Member

Been a bit busy today so haven't really had a chance to test things on my laptop but I have closed Adguard and have been running AM on the desktop and haven't noticed any disconnections. However, I have been away from the computer for long periods so it may well have disconnected at some point. I don't have any monitoring software running so unable to check a trace or anything. Router logs do not indicate any dropped connections to the exchange.

Gonna need to keep testing things.

8. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Moved discussion to a new thread.

I have no idea yet.
    The single thought is the same as Boo's -- try switching driver.

9. Nick

Nick Member

Have been on the desktop again today with AG disabled (service set to manual) and AM running and again not disconnections...but again, I've been away from the computer for hours at a time so may have missed it.

Gonna be watching the rugby early tomorrow morning so will be able to test for a few hours uninterrupted so should get a clearer picture on things.

Will try changing driver too so thanks for the suggestion.

10. Nick

Nick Member

Managed to watch the rugby uninterrupted which was great..just a shame England lost!

However, a little while after the final whistle, my computer lost the connection to the router again. Adguard or its service wasn't running as I had AM enabled at the time so it looks like we can rule out any involvement with Adguard.

Seems the problem is with the router itself as it's dropping the connection to connected devices. Will be getting BT Infinity in a few weeks so will be getting a new router then so will just have to put up with it for the time being.

Cheers.

11. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

So Adguard has nothing to do with it? I guess it's a good news for us, thanks!

Sorry for your rugby team and good luck in Brazil!
    We'll be rooting for your team there.

12. ProTruckDriver

Same here, Adguard is not the problem on my HP computer. I did a few tests with the HP. Uninstalled / reinstalled all security software including Adguard. Internet connection is the same. I'm now running NIS and Adguard with MBAM (on demand) on all computers. No problems with the Dell & Toshiba. HP works great after internet connection too. :)

13. Nick

Nick Member

Found a firmware update which may help the router issue...so far, so good.

Edit:
    Moved to WC2014 thread in off-topic (avatar)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2014