Internet getting cut off periodically

phillthedrill

Every day to every other day I have to toggle to disable and then re enable adguard since it cuts off internet activity. The other day, I was trying to load anything on chrome (android) and it would time out. I toggled to disable adguard, then re enable it and then I could use the internet again. Does anyone else have this problem or know what it might be?

Note 10+

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@phillthedrill
Hello there!
Please try to reproduce your problem on the Nightly version.

If the issue still persists, we need to get additional logs.

Here's what we need you to do:

1. Collect the debug log as it's [explained here].
2. Remember the exact time when the issue was reproduced, we will need it to find the corresponding records in the log file.
3. Additionally, capture the system bug report after reproducing the issue. [Here's the instruction].
4. Send both files to k.gretskyi@adguard.com or in PM.

philibeur

Beta Tester
Every day to every other day I have to toggle to disable and then re enable adguard since it cuts off internet activity. The other day, I was trying to load anything on chrome (android) and it would time out. I toggled to disable adguard, then re enable it and then I could use the internet again. Does anyone else have this problem or know what it might be?

Note 10+
I also have this worries, I thought it came from the battery saver that puts apps to sleep.

phillthedrill

I also have this worries, I thought it came from the battery saver that puts apps to sleep.
You were right. Thanks for mentioning that. That's what it was. It was putting the app asleep even though it showed it Connected to Adguard VPN. Anyways, I put it in the exceptions list on Samsung so it won't put the app to sleep anymore....if anyone else is having the same problem.

philibeur

Beta Tester
You were right. Thanks for mentioning that. That's what it was. It was putting the app asleep even though it showed it Connected to Adguard VPN. Anyways, I put it in the exceptions list on Samsung so it won't put the app to sleep anymore....if anyone else is having the same problem.
Yes, me too, on Samsung A7 2018, Android 9.

philibeur

Beta Tester
I will check these next days and I will say again.

Edit: After 24 hours of testing, it seems solved.

Last edited: