Internet speed gets really slow or no service at all with Adguard on

user890

New Member
I purchased the lifetime license a couple of years ago and have installed Adguard 2 times and uninstalled 2 times on 2 different Android phones since then because of this same issue. So thought I'd at least try to diagnose it this time.

After first install, Adguard worked fine. It saves approximately 35 mb's a day on average but under data usage it shows Adguard as one of the highest using apps of internet data. So I assume all my data is going through their network in order to filter ads. In both cases, after about 2 or 3 weeks of use, my internet gets very slow. I can't watch any videos. Sites take over 30 seconds to load or may no load at all. Occasionally I can't get any internet access at all. From then on out it seems that internet is always very slow.

The first time it happened, I blamed my phone carrier until I realized that it was the Adguard app. I disabled it and my speeds were back to normal. That's why I uninstalled it. I later tried again and same issue so uninstalled it again. I eventually got a new phone recently and gave it another go. I have to disable it all the time because it's too slow, especially if I want to watch a video or load a site like Imgur that has a lot of pics.

The slower internet speed defeats the entire purpose for me. If I'm only saving roughly 35-50 mb's of data a day but with poor to no speed then what is the intended purpose? So does the Adguard service have a monthly data cap before I get throttled? Or is there something else with the app or service going on?

The primary apps I use and am noticing this issue are Chrome, Imgur, Google News and Reddit.
 

Hobbes

New Member
Exactly the same here, both in Android and Windows (especially in Windows). Now it's almost impossible to surf the web with AdGuard App on/activated.

I've tried with DNS filtering, without it, over-Quick, standard... everything. It seems to work fine several minutes (if so) and back to the slow speeds and blockings. All of this began several months (and AdGuard versions) ago.
 
Last edited:

user890

New Member
Exactly the same here, both in Android and Windows (especially in Windows). Now it's almost impossible to surf the web with AdGuard App on/activated.

I've tried with DNS filtering, without it, over-Quick, standard... everything. It seems to work fine several minutes (if so) and back to the slow speeds and blockings. All of this began several months (and AdGuard versions) ago.
I just don't use it anymore. The lack of any help here or even some insight into how it works so that I can perhaps try some different things makes this a waste of money. I don't know if the app is just acting like a typical browser extension filter or if they route the internet through their servers first in order to filter. I suspect the latter so it's likely throttled based on traffic or something. But obviously they are of no help so whatever. I'll never use this app nor recommend it ever again.
 

Hobbes

New Member
One can assume (as it was the first years I used AdGuard) some decrease in the speed. Ok, it's the price for an Internet free of adds, and it's not a problem (even when the company says that you will get more bandwidth/speed without adds...well... the must sell their product).

But here we have a software that, for some reason, make you miss the times of 14.4 kbit/s modems... but only, of course, if you can open one single web page.

It can't be a general problem, because if so, there should be dozens of messages and complains. We are no talking about a decrease of speed, we are talking about the impossibility of using the software.
 
Top