iOS (9.02&9.3.5) version adguard always failed to add rules

ShuaiBi

I'm a old user of Adguard and loving it so much, and having recommend it to many of my friends. However, I find my iOS version adguard not working very well and may need some help. Everytime I'm adding a rule using adguard's Safari extension, it says something went wrong and thus cannot apply the update. I'm on iOS 9.02. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the app after a reboot, seems not work to fix this. It seems that adguard always fails to load its filter to safari's content extension folder. Something interesting is that the previous version did load its filter but only after many attempts to do so. I can't wait that you can address this issue and fix it!

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@ShuaiBi hm can you please reproduce the problem and send a message to support (from the app) right after? Then post in this thread your helpdesk User ID which will be indicated in the automatic email reply.

deejayscream

Is this problem fixed?I can see,this pop up comes back very often.Looks like filters update can not be implemented in Safari browser on IOS after each filters update.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@deejayscream
Hello there!

This problem is rarely encountered by users. And without logging, we will unfortunately not be able to find a solution.
Use the instruction sent earlier by my colleague. Logs can be sent to me in PM.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
The issue is that the system takes 30 seconds to add a filter. You add a rule and enter the application, where the previous update is completed and a new one is launched in parallel, so the error occurs.
In your case, the temporary solution will be to wait longer without closing the AdGuard application until the filter is generated.
But I have notified the developers and this issue will be fixed in the next updates