Is the ads blocked counter correct?

tempnexus

Just wondering, since damn!
I just reflashed my phone, so it's basically a new image with minimal apps and I am getting a good 20 ads/hr just with the phone sitting unused.
Now after few days I have 2000 ads blocked (with phone usage).
However, on my Tablet I barely have 500 ads blocked after 1.5 months of usage.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi!

Do you use "premium" features on both devices?

I am getting a good 20 ads/hr just with the phone sitting unused
Usually these are not ads, but trackers. You can check which apps are sending these tracking requests in Firewall Apps Statistics section.

tempnexus

Hi!

Do you use "premium" features on both devices?

Usually these are not ads, but trackers. You can check which apps are sending these tracking requests in Firewall Apps Statistics section.
Yeah I am premium. LIfetime Lic.
Thanks for the advice.

Ok "Google Backup Transport" process blocked 500 ads. Why would that be a tracker/ad?

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok "Google Backup Transport" process blocked 500 ads. Why would that be a tracker/ad?
I am sure these are trackers. The situation will be much more clear when we finally add an in-app "filtering log" where you can see all requests.

Stefan Albrecht

Just wondering, since damn!
I just reflashed my phone, so it's basically a new image with minimal apps and I am getting a good 20 ads/hr just with the phone sitting unused.
Now after few days I have 2000 ads blocked (with phone usage to hire essay writer).
However, on my Tablet I barely have 500 ads blocked after 1.5 months of usage.

Hi @ tempnexus,
I was amazed by the amount of blocked ads (they appeared with Bowling King). I tried AdAway from F-Droid 1-2 years ago, but it didn't help much.