Is there a filter to block GDPR cookie privacy pop-up banners?

Has Europe's GDPR policy ruined user's web experience?

• Total voters

maxxo

The effect of the Euro GDPR for user experience on sites is horrible. So many sites now have the intrusive GDPR banner for "cookie" or privacy policy...

Does anyone one is there a filter to block this GDPR annoying cookie/privacy banners?

Would have been so simple if the EUROs just said, 'hey, put a easy to find link on your site describing privacy policy' instead of what we have now. Nice going, Europe :(

Thanks for any help.

maxxo

I've tried the annoyance filter. It does not block most of the GDRP cookie/privacy pop-ups.
How about the user filter to create a new rule?
I have not found a custom rule that works yet.
I am trying to block a <div class="gdpr_notice" ...
So need some kind of wildcard that will catch any instance of gdpr in the html or css div element code

upload_2018-6-29_18-52-30.png

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Please list the sites where it still shows and I can add a rule for it to Annoyance filter.

maxxo

Thanks,
a2hosting.com has intrusive annoying banner/pop-up for cookie/privacy policy
Please share the type of rule you use to help block these types of cookie/privacy policy popups so we can learn to add more exceptions via the Adguard browser rules settings

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Added to Annoyance filter:
Code:
a2hosting.com###gdpr_notice

maxxo

Great! Thanks for the filter tip. If we wanted to block all domains that included "gdpr" in the code tags or html elements (e.g. <div>) that include "cookies" or "privacy" in the text, how could we modify that filter/rule to catch all of those as well?

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Just remove the domain name and it will be valid for all sites which have generic rules activated (default).
This rule will also only hide it if it is an ID.