Is this normal for Adguard?

Discussion in 'Discussion (AdGuard for Mac)' started by Sharon, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Sharon

Sharon New Member

I turned on my computer after being out and a window came up. Usually Adguard just upgrades but this was different. I'm a bit concerned as to what is happening. If I restart the computer the same thing happens. Anyone give me some input?

Sharon

Attached Files:

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Well, it's normal that it pops up that message/screenshot when first starting AdGuard for Mac. Since AdGuard for Mac uses a kernel extension, Apple's Gatekeeper feature requires the user to manually allow it (as per the screenshot, just click on the Apple icon in the top left corner, select System Preferences... and go to Security & Privacy and click the Allow button for the kernel extension. Otherwise, AdGuard for Mac can't function correctly.

I think it's time sensitive though, you have 5 minutes to allow the kernel extension, if I recall correctly.

3. Sharon

Sharon New Member

Thank you. Just was concerned. Glad to know it's "normal". Appreciate the response.

4. Boo Berry

Did you do what the image there said? Enable the kernel extension? Is protection in AG for Mac enabled (and green instead of red)?

5. Sharon

Sharon New Member

Yes I did and it's all green and working perfectly with Safari. Thank you.

6. Boo Berry

Excellent, glad to hear it! Enjoy!