Junk mail advertising

Roman Doroszuk

This product seems quite comprehensive. Wouldn't it be great if it could be developed to also handle spam or Junk emails. I am plagued by multiple advertising emails from Canadian Pharmacy (amongst others) and have politely requested to be removed from their mailing list, have reported spam to their site, called them up on the phone but all to no avail and the garbage keeps on coming. I would very much like to not even have this rubbish land on my computer even if it is in the junk mail bin. can adguard be utilised to stop this kind of advertising ?

I think it would be a great tool to have to do just that.

Regards
Roman D

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
From my experience, this is a rare feature request as the popular email providers have rather good (sometimes even paranoid) spam filters, and we cannot compete with them.

What's your email provider?

Canadian Pharmacy
Wow, are they still alive?

Roman Doroszuk

My email provider is Telstra Webmail (Australia), they just route the junk mail into the spam folder. I also have outlook for mac and similarly the junk mail is just routed to the junk mail folder.
It would be good that once recognised as spam and confirmed then it would just disappear and not land on my computer. It is annoying that every day all this junk piles up despite my going through polite channels asking it to be stopped, there has also been a rash of junk mail from options traders but less so than the one mentioned. if left for a few days the junk mail can be 30 or 40 emails.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Roman Doroszuk I guess there is software dedicated specifically to this purpose? I am not sure there is really a need to branch Adguard in this direction, especially considering how rare of a problem it has become nowadays, like @avatar mentioned.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Handling junk mail is usually up to the email providers/ISPs and mail software used.

IMO, it's out of scope for Adguard.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My email provider is Telstra Webmail (Australia), they just route the junk mail into the spam folder
Oh, so they do detect it properly? Usually, there is a setting to delete spam right away instead of routing it to a spam folder.

For instance, Gmail provides a way to create special rules called "filters", and you can filter spam out with a rule like that and set it to be deleted immediately.

Bruno

"have politely requested to be removed from their mailing list, have reported spam to their site, called them up on the phone but all to no avail and the garbage keeps on coming."
This something you should never do. By doing that you tell them your email is good and that you even read their spam.
Use your email soft to identify their mails as spam and in the settings unchecked the option not to load the images, same feature on iO, then you will not ring home.
You might also want to use the spam option from you AV if you have any