Just Moved from Competitor (AdGuard vs Ad Muncher)

puff-m-d

Beta Tester
Hello,

@ProTruckDriver: I just recently made the switch from Ad Muncher to Adguard with no looking back. I also did not like the way AM updated but I had other reasons for coming to Adguard. It is a product that is actively being developed. IMO, Murray over at AM has pretty much stalled on it development. There has been no https support and no IE11 support for way to long. Murray does not even show up on his own forums anymore to answer any questions and judging from Murray's twitter posts, he is busy with other things.

I have found Adguard is an actively developed software with developers that listen to the customers and participate here on the forums. I gave AM many chances but the lack of both development and honest answers to questions have caused me to leave them behind. I got tired of being told a new version to solve all was right around the corner and to just stop using IE11 and switch to a different browser. Unacceptable answers to me as I am entitled to use whatever browser I wish and find software tht will work with it. Adguard does this and more. I think you will find Adguard a very good replacement for AM...

Updholar

Hello to All,

Just signed up - Program & Forum.

Also a veteran admuncher user here, I can't even recall how long I have been using the program (probably 5 -7 years, maybe even more). I was trying to help a friend solve their ad problem with IE and YouTube. Naturally, any adblock issue, I instantly non-hesitantly recommend admuncher, but since I neither use IE or even go on YouTube, I still recommended it, but mentioned my uncertainty. Even afterwards, I felt the need to search in the likelihood that I would need to state an alternative for my friend.

Looked around and came across Adguard, installed it, tried it.
Just going to quote another poster's response -

superssjdan
I trialed the product for less than a day before buying it

That statement right there - is such a powerful statement, because it Totally expresses my own experience as well, and also
that I felt the need to sign up to the forums upon reading that. If not I'd would have probably been one of the those lurker
types Users in the shadow. It's not perfect (cough! cough! memory handling), but it's greaaaat (insert Tony the tiger caption here)
I have faith it will get there, little by little. Reading through the posts, seeing good things being written, I'm also hoping for the best
with Adguard.

That been said, Admuncher has always worked up to par for me, never really had any reason to have qualms with it, I assume because
my needs have been minimal in nature, never even been on their forums given I was still getting advertlist-updates, it was all cool. If
not for the posts here, I would not have known about the whole Win8/IE11/Version5 outcry and would have remained in my oblivious world.

Anyways nice to be here.

ProTruckDriver

Beta Tester
Thank you for the Welcomes. :)
I have run into a problem. After installing Adguard the night of February 24 (without a reboot) it was working without a flaw. I shut down the computer for the night and in the morning after turning the computer on I lost internet connection. A few reboots did not fix the problem. Internet connection drivers corrupt. I uninstalled AG and tried a reboot, no internet connection. I had to go to a system restore and now the computer is working again with internet connection. All other software was working without a flaw when I lost internet connection. I need this computer for a few weeks to do business work so I won't be installing AG on it for now, but I would like to try it again latter next month. Since I was on a 2 week free trial (and only used a few hours of it) is there anyway of cancelling the trial so I can try it again next month.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have run into a problem. After installing Adguard the night of February 24 (without a reboot) it was working without a flaw. I shut down the computer for the night and in the morning after turning the computer on I lost internet connection. A few reboots did not fix the problem. Internet connection drivers corrupt. I uninstalled AG and tried a reboot, no internet connection. I had to go to a system restore and now the computer is working again with internet connection. All other software was working without a flaw when I lost internet connection. I need this computer for a few weeks to do business work so I won't be installing AG on it for now, but I would like to try it again latter next month. Since I was on a 2 week free trial (and only used a few hours of it) is there anyway of cancelling the trial so I can try it again next month.
Hi!

I have generated 90-day license for you (it was sent to the email you've used to register on this forum).
Feel free to use it:)

Could you please send me some details on your system in PM (windows version, your antivirus, which software you've install lately, etc)?

ro4drunn3r

So glad i found Adguard. I also was an AM user, WAS!
Pretty sure i am going to buy Adguard.... just let me test it for some days and AM is gone, forever. No more Version 5 is coming blah blah blah.... :rolleyes:

Nameless

Beta Tester
Joining the crowed admuncher seems to be dead no matter what Jeff and Murray say its been 3-4weeks now since they announced they were making a video of admuncher 5 plus over two years for the actual program and all they can ever say is "we are working on it". Sorry but far too much bs with admuncher.

JvaTrix

If anyone has read recently from the admuncher forums I have made strong attempts to get Murray and Jeff to answer questions publicly and was even on their side. However things failed. So while im not here to bash them. As I do stand behind something when I buy it. I think I will give my Ad muncher lifetime license to my son and see how this fairs as im looking for something that suits me now. I need something thats going to take me forward and serve me into my future with continued support. Ive read some good stuff about this program and Im hoping it will be what I thought Ad muncher was going to continue to be.

Nameless

Beta Tester
The only thing you will get out of jeff and murray are "this is the best blocker and we are working very hard on the update which is coming soon we can not tell you any more", problem is thats all they have said over the past two years so trust and patience has worn thin now.

Murray is busy with leaptouch oh and this 3-4 week old video now (do one of you want to see how log it takes you to make a video of admuncher or adguard? how about a comparison video? wount take 3 weeks lol)
Jeff is nothing more than a forum troll that updates the ad lists and tries to con people in buying an over-priced license for an out of date product.

Edit:
As for adguard its doing a great job and stopping ads on my laptop, i see less ads on that than i do on my main computer that has admuncher on but then one supports https filtering the other does not.

I might add the rial onto my main pc because the ads are quite annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

steve1209

Beta Tester
Hi All,

I too just became an Adguard Premium License Unlimited user after using Ad muncher from April 8, 2009. I had a V4 only license with Ad Muncher which cost $29.95 and was promised V5 for YEARS (of course a V5 license would cost extra).

Jeff at Ad Muncher works hard BUT some things that weren't working:

1. Automatic updates didn't work but would work in V5. AdGuard works perfectly.
2. The forum was broken at Ad Muncher, you never received an email to a forum response to a question when you requested it. (would be fixed in V5 too busy now Jeff said). Adguard forums works perfectly
3. I updated to IE11 and Ad Muncher didn't work. AdGuard works perfectly
4. HTTPS does not work but will work in V5. Adguard works perfectly.
5. Adguard supposedly doesn't even work with programs like AIM and with the help of Boo Berry here on the forums AIM AD's are now blocked.

Adguard is AMAZING thanks for a GREAT product and support!

Nameless

Beta Tester
So i visited thw admucher forums today and made a post which you will see below, it seems though that anything i say must be deleted this is how paying premium users are treated lol I defiantly will not buy anythign that Murray or Jeff are involved in they are terrible developers.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Welcome!

I've been thinking about it and I'd like to add something before this topic progresses any further. In no way should any posts he be portrayed as malicious towards Ad Muncher, Jeff or Murray. I know and understand how their other feel in regards of the lack of communication from software developers however ultimately I have nothing but respect for them and I wish the the best - I look forward to try v5 as soon as they release it. My personal belief is with the competition between the various free and paid ad blocking solutions (Adguard, Ad Muncher, Adfender, Adblock Plus, etc.) we the end users are the ones to benefit most. Competition fuels the innovative new features and growth we see with every new release regardless of what we're using.

Bright times ahead, that's for sure.

Nameless

Beta Tester
While you might respect the devs of admuncher im afraid i can not, i paid for a product that claims to "just work" and blocks ads something its constantly failing to do on a daily basis because they have no drive to upgrade their own product, and with how jeff and murray treat their paying customers (like crap) i can not show them an ounce of respect. Sure the program was good back in the day and thats why i brought an overpriced license but when you are forced to use a free product aside it, its kind of annoying with the amount of money you pay especially when you see the devs (jeff) always bashing the competitors on other sites saying how great admuncher is to rope in new customers into believing it.

Im sorry but they do not care about their product and do not divulge any information other than "were working on it and its coming soon thats all we can say" two years on and its the same stuff every developer knows when their product is going to be complete or sets a dead line at least of when they want it to be done but in admunchers case like i said there is no drive its just "when we can be bothered".

So as yuo can see, i can not respect any dev that constantly blows off their customers, lies to them or tries and gets new clients when they know their product is failing its wrong to deceive their customers especially with the amount they charge for their product.

chromatinfish123

Beta Tester
AdGuard is the best!

Ad Guard was and still is the most powerful ad blocker I've ever used! Thanks, AdGuard developers! AdGuard went from nothing, until 2012, to a superior, high-quality product that is a real replacement with Admuncher! Anyways, I will remain loyal to AdGuard unless v6 is going to be horrible (I trust AdGuard that it won't be:eek:).

By the way, I'm a new user, only downloaded AdGuard last week.;)

ProTruckDriver

Beta Tester
Hi!

I have generated 90-day license for you (it was sent to the email you've used to register on this forum).
Feel free to use it:)

Could you please send me some details on your system in PM (windows version, your antivirus, which software you've install lately, etc)?
Hello Members.
I just reinstalled AG today and it's working excellent. Rebooted several times and no problems connecting to the internet. Thank you avatar for the 90 day free trial. :)
If AG keeps working this good, I'll go Lifetime. Keep up the excellent work AG.

ProTruckDriver

Beta Tester
I ran AG yesterday and all day today and love it! Easy to navigate and it looks like support is excellent after reading the forum. Goodbye Ad Muncher and Hello Adguard :)
I just bought 2 Lifetime Premium Licenses for both of my computers! :D

Nameless

Beta Tester
Thanks for the link Phonemes.

If anyone does buy the company they have alot of work to do then, site needs up dating, program needs updating, reputation needs work, update software needs re-writing (apparently) and now they claim they have DDOS issues lol (yeh i dont believe the last one either, nothing is ever AM's fault i noticed :p )