Just Moved from Competitor (AdGuard vs Ad Muncher)

Discussion in 'Discussion (AdGuard for Windows)' started by uBlast, Dec 3, 2013.

1. ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver Beta Tester

I like that! ROFLMAO. :D

2. itechnod

itechnod Beta Tester

I'm so happy to use Adguard for now :)

3. Lastwebpage

Lastwebpage New Member

I switched from Admuncher a fews day ago too, after 3 or 4 years, because of IE11, HTTPS and this "comming soon".

I have a few problems with user defined exceptions rules in Adguard, at the moment, I must read more about this, but overall I am impressed, so far.

4. CoreCoreFree

CoreCoreFree Beta Tester

Yep, i also moved from admuncher to adg a few weeks ago. I have used ADM for over 8 years. It started great but now its been causing lots of site loading problems over VPN. I'm still tweaking adg for how i need it and fixing a few little things here and their but over all. Yes its a much better app. I also do hope ADM does get v5 out. But who knows if it will ever come out of the dust.

5. Darwin

Darwin Beta Tester

I've been with Ad-Muncher for years (2003, I believe) and have a lifetime license. I finally got fed up of it not filtering IE 11.x and am a few days into using AdGuard. So thrilled to be surfing the web "clean" again... Very impressed with AdGuard so far.

6. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Greetings and welcome to the forums! :)

7. Darwin

Darwin Beta Tester

Thank you, it's great to be here!

8. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Welcome to the ex admuncher users! (im one too)

9. Dolfi

Dolfi Banned

AdMuncher even worse since becoming "free"

Hi all,
    I'm trying to get AG to run on older machines (high CPU load :( ) but regarding AdMuncher and its only and lonly programmer:
    They've always been rude ("My way or the highway!") but since they f***ed their paying customers by switching to "free" it got way worse.
    That dude ("shannow" in IRC):
    - forces (even premium) users to downgrade their software ("upgrade" from 4.93 paid to 4.94 free, which only provides weekly updates w/o changing the default settings) by not providing list updates to 4.93 anymore
    - made the ridiculous claim that a daily update check for AdMuncher would cost them 8.000 US$/month just for bandwidth (I pay 15$ for 5 TB which were 500.000 downloads of their bloody config file (282kB atm) per day!)
    - forbid me to tell users on IRC about the daily update option
    -> still does not want to implement an incremental update which one can buy for a few hundred bucks ready to be used (compiled in)
    - forbid me and others to tell users on IRC how to support IE11 (using a proxy like CCProxy)
    -> "so if someone asks, the only answer you can give them is IE11 is not supported but all other browsers are.", "i don't care about it." [IE11], "if you guys make this harder for me than it already is, you're just giving me one more reason not to stay and to quit and walk away..."
    - forbid me to tell users on IRC to try AdGuard (though AM is free now, so WTF?!?)

Not to talk about the years of lies about the upcoming v5, which IMHO will never be released (and no sane person would spend money for once he knew the background/history of that dump).

My impression is that he (and his company) has absolutely no loyalty and honor bc he owes (lifetime) support to (lifetime) customers. Opposite to that he even suppresses support given by others. So just f*** em!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
  10. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Welcome to adguard, i gave up on them a while ago even had jeff deleting my posts on the forums everytime i posted something because what i was saying was true. The application is abandomware they do not care about their customers and have shown it though and through.

Anyway enjoy adguard, imo its easier to understand and you dont have to deal with that idiot jeff =)

11. uBlast

uBlast New Member

That´s for sure. Jeff is a high class moron. He cannot admit that Admuncher changed though the years: as reasonable product to a crapware/adandonware. I waiting for a discount to renew my 1 year Adguard license as lifetime.

12. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Send a forum PM to avatar, maybe he can help you out? ;)

13. Dolfi

Dolfi Banned

If you really were a AM "lifetime" customer: You were simply stupid to trust the next vendor to promise "lifetime".
    The last 20 yr I only had one single vendor who kept his promise. To give him the honour: www.weonlydo.com (provides crypto components to programmers, did sell "lifetime licenses" and (after a short pointing to his promise) still provides updates and upgrades to his SSH components!)
    Noone else ever lived up to his promises.

14. Dolfi

Dolfi Banned

I already do (CPU issue is sorted out, appears to have been an installation problem). Filtering elements is so much easier (and more reliable!), I finally can remove all these links on the right hand side of web pages (that one every other time accidentially clicks when scrolling pages on a tablet) with three simple clicks (and on the tablet itself, just-in-time)! Using AM I mostly had to use Firefox to inspect the source code and add or fine-tune filters using the trial-and-error method :(

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
  15. uBlast

uBlast New Member

I never said I was AM "lifetime" user. Are you sure you are talking about me and not yourself? Cause it seems YOU were lifetime user of AM... Anyway, I have positive experiences with lifetime licenses like Outpost Firewall Pro and Process Lasso. Why not Adguard? I prefer to believe that a lifetime license will be granted for real if you buy one. Looks like you are pissed because spent some coins on Admuncher and now that crap is free. Don´t let your AM trauma interfere on what you believe about Adguard prices or licenses.

16. Dolfi

Dolfi Banned

You're partially right. I am especially mad /w the AdMuncher dumpsters bc I was honest with them: I operate a proxy server which all devices (PCs, phones, tablets) use. They never had checked even 20 devices using a single license (by using a proxy server) but I was honest and paid for every device. Stupid me, I dunno if such will happen again to me.

Luckily (just in this matter) I know the Adguard company not yet, so it's nothing against or about them.
    But I bought lots of stuff (much in programming components sector) /w lifetime licenses und until now only weonlydo.com kept the promise. And BitSum Technologies, you're right about that too (just checked my account there).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
  17. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Have you contacted our support? I've instructed them to offer some kind of "workaround" because our site still lacks discount feature.
    Or you can just send send me a PM and we'll talk this through.

18. uBlast

uBlast New Member

PM sent to you. Thanks.

19. Dolfi

Dolfi Banned

20. Zero3K

Zero3K New Member

The developer of Ad Muncher has no money to spend on developing the new version. So, its not going to come out.