[KIS 2015 Incompatibility?] Secure Connection Failed Msg

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Magoo, Apr 6, 2015.

1. GodGibson

GodGibson New Member

This fixed the majority of problems but there is still one site that has the issue That I need fixing.

https://shiptrack.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SLFReview&bulkGrpId=13043122011

The only way you can test this is to actually sell an item on ebay and use the ebay print postage label option.
    The link will return bad if you do not actually sell that item. Once you click the purchase button after you filled in the details
    it gets an error message about SSL failing and then the page freezes and cannot be reloaded.

If I turn of Adguard there is no such error anymore and it all works. So if you could look into that.
    Or I can catch the error and send the logs to you.

2. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

That is strange because we do not filter ebay.co.uk at all.

Are you sure this issue is related to AG and not to Kaspersky?

3. GodGibson

GodGibson New Member

Should have started my own thread. I'm actually using Norton and even if I disable that it gets the error every now and again.
    Maybe 1/10 times. If I disable adguard the problem goes away. I can video the problem if you wish and show you what I mean.
    I am also happy to send you some log files if needed as this problem didn't happen until the last few ad guards releases.

4. avatar

We should have started a new thread indeed (I'll move our discussion after we resolve that).

Have you tried switching AG network driver type? Can be done in AG network settings (look for "Use WFP driver" option there).

5. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Sorry to but in on this thread, but i had something about failed security today in FF

Installed the security certificate which did nothing then had to start the WPF driver like mentioned. Now idea why it suddenly appeared though.

6. GodGibson

GodGibson New Member

I have activated the WFP driver and will report back to see if it fixed it.

The failed Link is usually like this.

https://payments.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBay...emId=121104798546&transactionId=1476958173002

Adguard.png

7. Nick

Nick New Member

I regularly see the 'Secure Connection Failed' message when logging into Virgin.net webmail plus a number of other sites.

8. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

When this happens, I usually have to manually remove the certificate in Firefox, kill Adguard.exe and AdguardSvc.exe and clear out the SSL temp folder, then reboot. Avatar, is it possible a feature can be added to clear out the SSL temp files and refresh the certificate and whatnot? Usually helps in these cases.

9. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Enabled WFP driver on the 20th to access overclockers.co.uk today, just now i tried and access overclockers.co.uk and it said "secure connection failed" went to "disable" adguard and, it was not in the task bar so dont even know if it was running (never thought about ctrl+alt_del) anyway started adguard tried overlockers and it failed. Disabled adguard tried overclockers and it worked.

Will note i have added the certificate to firefox too.

@Boo, whenever i get a site that does not load i just disable adguard i swear a fewe days later things correct themselfs.

Edit:mad:
    So just went to overclockers.co.uk and the page loaded slowly i then clock a link and the whole site goes down due to Secure Connection Failed.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2015
  10. GodGibson

GodGibson New Member

I turned on the WFP driver and have not yet encountered the SSL error that I have been seeing.
    I will keep everyone posted on whether I encounter this.

Could you also add this URL to exception list its used in firefox for signing in to Sync your account.
    If this is not added to the exception list Firefox encounters a SYNC error over and over. The URL is legitimate
    and you will see when you visit the link its Mozilla thanks for your support :)
    au4.moziila.org

11. avatar

Ah, I wish I saw your message before releasing 5.10.2024 today.

I'll add this to the tasks list.

12. Boo Berry

Speaking of, here's some other domains used for sync/updating in Chrome and Firefox;

google.com/chrome-sync
    google.com/service/update2
    services.mozilla.com/1.0/sync
    accounts.firefox.com
    sync.services.mozilla.com

13. avatar

The problems could be only with Firefox, Chrome is ok.

The cause is that while doing updates/sync Firefox ignores it's own cert storage. There's a big discussion about that behavior somewhere on bugzilla.mozilla.org, devs think they are doing a right thing.

14. GodGibson

GodGibson New Member

au4.moziila.org
    services.mozilla.com/1.0/sync
    accounts.firefox.com
    sync.services.mozilla.com

These need adding to the exception list otherwise issues do happen with sync.

15. Boo Berry

Code:
    @@||services.mozilla.com$document
    @@||accounts.firefox.com$document
    These two should do it.

16. mysteriously

mysteriously Beta Tester & Translator

What kind of sync issues do you experience GodGibson? I never had any in Firefox

17. Boo Berry

I've not experienced any issue thus far, but I added the exceptions nonetheless.

18. avatar

Nope, should be added to SSL exclusions.

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

@GodGibson, thank you for the list!

mozilla.org is in SSL exclusions already so it's strange if you have problems with au4.moziila.org.

19. Mostafa

Mostafa New Member

i have the same issue with KIS 15 and when i disable WFP ia ad guard every thing back to normal

20. Boo Berry

KIS 2015 is incompatible with the WFP driver. In fact, Adguard should automatically disable the WFP driver when KIS 2015 is installed (unless it's manually enabled, I suppose).