Latest Adguard Beta is not blocking most of the things on Android 11 beta

tempnexus

So yesterday I upgraded my Pixel 3 to Android 11 beta and it seems that Adguard is not blocking many things that it used to block before. For example the inherent Chrome browser bypasses all the blocks even though Adguard shows it selected as blocking both http and https. Same goes for apps like reddit is fun. The app is selected as blocked by the ads are now showing up.

Anyway for me to help?

Chinaski

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
Hello, dear @tempnexus

Could you clarify if you were able to install the AdGuard security certificate on Android 11?
Can you show me what kind of certificate the browser showing up? Is it Adguard CA?

tempnexus

Hello, dear @tempnexus

Could you clarify if you were able to install the AdGuard security certificate on Android 11?
Can you show me what kind of certificate the browser showing up? Is it Adguard CA?
Yes installed, but can't seem to take a screenshot.

Adguard personal ca
Issued apr 22 2107
Exp Oct 22 2022

Actually this forum certificate is showing up as godaddy

Chinaski

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
Then let’s do the following:
- AdGuard > Settings > Advanced > Logging Level > Record All.
- Reproduce your issue.
- Note the time the error occurred and let us know.
- Don’t forget to return to the default logging level.
- Logs can be sent to me at PM or on devteam@adguard.com

tempnexus

- Reproduce your issue.
Email sent the pm didn't work since log size was too big.

tempnexus

- Reproduce your issue.
Running the latest Android 11 beta update released yesterday. Still same issue.

a.ivanov

Android Developer
Staff member
Administrator
So yesterday I upgraded my Pixel 3 to Android 11 beta and it seems that Adguard is not blocking many things that it used to block before. For example the inherent Chrome browser bypasses all the blocks even though Adguard shows it selected as blocking both http and https. Same goes for apps like reddit is fun. The app is selected as blocked by the ads are now showing up.

Anyway for me to help?
Wow, I got this.
One time, I had this bug. Unfortunately, Android 11 has been broken itself. Try to reset all network configs:
Go to Settings (I mean System settings) -> General -> Reset -> Reset network settings.
After that, set up the HTTPs filtering and VPN profile of AdGuard again.

tempnexus

Wow, I got this.
One time, I had this bug. Unfortunately, Android 11 has been broken itself. Try to reset all network configs:
Go to Settings (I mean System settings) -> General -> Reset -> Reset network settings.
After that, set up the HTTPs filtering and VPN profile of AdGuard again.
Ok will try

Android system settings has no general

And adguard system settings under general I can't find reset. It just export import settings and autostart adguard etc

Jun 21 22:12 cst damn you guys are slow to respond I hope the time you take between visiting tech forums is to fix the bugs because damn your response time is slow as in the old Soviet times when one attempted to get a telephone line to their apartment.....I say apartment since if you said house it would be years unless you are an oligharth

And yeah I lived those times, it took 1.5 liters of vodka and 500g of American coffee grounds to get a telephone line to my apartment within a week.

Last edited:

BobbyPhoenix

Just checking in to see if AdGuard works with Android 11 yet. Beta 2 is now out, and a leaked post showed Sept 8th is the public final release of Android 11, so I'm sure there is an AdGuard Beta that works with Android 11 Beta by now? I remember last year I was running Android 10 Beta with AdGuard Beta, and all was great. Where can I find the download for a working AdGuard version to use with 11?

Chinaski

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
Next week or a little later we plan to release AdGuard VPN. After that, the updates of Nightly and Beta versions for the main application will be more frequent
I think developers will certainly pay attention to compatibility with Android 11. You just need to wait for a little :)

tempnexus

Next week or a little later we plan to release AdGuard VPN. After that, the updates of Nightly and Beta versions for the main application will be more frequent
I think developers will certainly pay attention to compatibility with Android 11. You just need to wait for a little :)
But we won't be forced to use the VPN if we want filtering, right?

tempnexus

Just checking in to see if AdGuard works with Android 11 yet. Beta 2 is now out, and a leaked post showed Sept 8th is the public final release of Android 11, so I'm sure there is an AdGuard Beta that works with Android 11 Beta by now? I remember last year I was running Android 10 Beta with AdGuard Beta, and all was great. Where can I find the download for a working AdGuard version to use with 11?
And no it still has issues I am running the latest 11 beta that was released few days ago as RC1

Dalek

Got the same problem with latest 11 beta. It seems impossible to get https-blocking working, because the certificate can't be installed. If I go through the settings as advised by Adguard after the download, the certificate-file is greyed out and can't be chosen. If I use a file manager and just click the file, it says Installation not possible, certificate can't be read. I downloaded it several times no, so it shouldn't be a broken file.

Even tried the reset networks option, didn't work (except having to type in all my network passwords again). Not recommended!

Last edited:

a.ivanov

Android Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Well, the certificate file is greyed in the "Download" section. If you go to the "Internal Storage" -> "Downloads" folder then you can choose your certificate file.
But is it a good note, I think we can improve this behavior.

Dalek

Well, the certificate file is greyed in the "Download" section. If you go to the "Internal Storage" -> "Downloads" folder then you can choose your certificate file.
But is it a good note, I think we can improve this behavior.
Brilliant, that worked! What a strange behaviour by Android.