Latest AdGuard causing IE11 to hang .

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Kool, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Kool

Kool Member

Hello
    Been using Adguard for a while now and have had no issues , but after updating to 5.10.1190.6188 , IE 11 has been slow to load some pages and even crashes sometimes and has to restart.
    If Adguard is disabled, everything is fine again .
    Running Norton Internet security , but always have been and never had a problem before the latest update to Adguard . Windows 7 64 bit . no other security software.
    Thanks .

2. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hello! Do you use WFP or TDI network driver? You can check it in 'Settings - Network' inset. We recommend to use WFP driver when using IE.

3. Kool

Kool Member

Thank you Vasily , I will try that and see if it helps . WFP was unticked , I will tick and reboot . Changing the driver will not interfere with my VPN ( privateinternetaccess) will it ? Thank you

4. vasily_bagirov

It shouldn't. Normally Adguard won't interfere with any program that is not added to it's filtration list (Settings - Browsers). So each case when it actually (rarely) happens is considered separately.

5. Kool

Kool Member

Actually it did interfere with PIA ( PrivateInternetAccess) After disconnecting from my VPN the killswitch no longer works with WFP :(

6. vasily_bagirov

Can you describe the killswitch feature a little bit please? What exactly it does and how did you find out it is not working anymore?

7. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

8. marzametal

marzametal New Member

I experience keyboard lag when typing in text boxes to post on various forums. Oddly enough, as I type here, there is no lag at all? What the... maybe it comes down to the type of forum? I see this one is powered by vBulletin. The other website (malwaretips.com uses XenForo) keeps typing in the text box even after I stop stroking keys. Another website that I frequent (wilderssecurity.com) also makes use of XenForo, and laggy there as well. I just tried a phpBB forum (cryptostorm.org) and experienced no lag!

Wow, there must be something going on with XenForo... I am glad to know that it is not an AdGuard problem... (re-activates some filters).