Latest AdGuard causing IE11 to hang .

Kool

Hello
Been using Adguard for a while now and have had no issues , but after updating to 5.10.1190.6188 , IE 11 has been slow to load some pages and even crashes sometimes and has to restart.
If Adguard is disabled, everything is fine again .
Running Norton Internet security , but always have been and never had a problem before the latest update to Adguard . Windows 7 64 bit . no other security software.
Thanks .

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello! Do you use WFP or TDI network driver? You can check it in 'Settings - Network' inset. We recommend to use WFP driver when using IE.

Kool

Thank you Vasily , I will try that and see if it helps . WFP was unticked , I will tick and reboot . Changing the driver will not interfere with my VPN ( privateinternetaccess) will it ? Thank you

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you Vasily , I will try that and see if it helps . WFP was unticked , I will tick and reboot . Changing the driver will not interfere with my VPN ( privateinternetaccess) will it ? Thank you
It shouldn't. Normally Adguard won't interfere with any program that is not added to it's filtration list (Settings - Browsers). So each case when it actually (rarely) happens is considered separately.

Kool

It shouldn't. Normally Adguard won't interfere with any program that is not added to it's filtration list (Settings - Browsers). So each case when it actually (rarely) happens is considered separately.
Actually it did interfere with PIA ( PrivateInternetAccess) After disconnecting from my VPN the killswitch no longer works with WFP :(

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Actually it did interfere with PIA ( PrivateInternetAccess) After disconnecting from my VPN the killswitch no longer works with WFP :(
Can you describe the killswitch feature a little bit please? What exactly it does and how did you find out it is not working anymore?

marzametal

I experience keyboard lag when typing in text boxes to post on various forums. Oddly enough, as I type here, there is no lag at all? What the... maybe it comes down to the type of forum? I see this one is powered by vBulletin. The other website (malwaretips.com uses XenForo) keeps typing in the text box even after I stop stroking keys. Another website that I frequent (wilderssecurity.com) also makes use of XenForo, and laggy there as well. I just tried a phpBB forum (cryptostorm.org) and experienced no lag!

Wow, there must be something going on with XenForo... I am glad to know that it is not an AdGuard problem... (re-activates some filters).