Latest Windows 10 major update and AdGuard freezing when opening....

FattiesGoneWild

Coming across this since updating Windows 10 to the new major update. If you double click Adguard in lower task bar. No response. When it does open its extremely laggy like its crashing but throwing no error? Especially when clicking around in the program.

gustms

I updated to the latest Windows 10 Pro (Version 1511) and everything seems to be fine with the latest AdGuard Beta 6.0.84.487. Maybe you should try latest beta version as well to see if it helps.

FattiesGoneWild

Unfortunately I cannot beta test and need this machine always running stable. So, that is not a option for me sadly atm. I noticed once opened. It seems to do the freezing thing when you click on the "Protection" tab.

TheReal

Have you tried uninstalling Adguard and reinstalling Adguard?
Yes, it's still laggy. It's strange since it is still working fine, it's just the AdGuard application itself which freezes every time I cklick on protection.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Okay, I'm sure the dev team will look into this.

Adguard 6 beta on the other hand, seems to be working fine with the new Windows 10 build.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So, everyone in this thread who has this problem uses v.5.10?

Unfortunately, there is little to no chance developers will go deep into this problem and actively search for a fix, unless it does also happen in Adguard 6 beta. We try to concentrate on releasing v.6 as soon as possible, it's already taking longer than we expected.

ro4drunn3r

Unfortunately, there is little to no chance developers will go deep into this problem and actively search for a fix, unless it does also happen in Adguard 6 beta. We try to concentrate on releasing v.6 as soon as possible, it's already taking longer than we expected.
Exactly.
Where can i get v.6?

FattiesGoneWild

Hmm. I am indifferent about that response. Because this is paid software people are using and expect it to work proper regardless. After all. This is a confirmed bug we are reporting to you guys. At the same time. I do understand Adguard 6 is literally just around the corner. As it stands. I have chosen to just ride out this issue until Adguard 6 hits. Only the two machines are effected by this. The other machine which I done a clean install of Windows 10. Does not have this problem. Getting back to the 2 other machines. I even tried to uninstall/reinstall and no go. So, something crossed with the software and the latest big Windows 10 update. Weird. Crossing my fingers Adguard 6 will not have this issue once released.

Davey126

Hmm. I am indifferent about that response. Because this is paid software people are using and expect it to work proper regardless. After all. This is a confirmed bug we are reporting to you guys. At the same time. I do understand Adguard 6 is literally just around the corner. As it stands. I have chosen to just ride out this issue until Adguard 6 hits. Only the two machines are effected by this. The other machine which I done a clean install of Windows 10. Does not have this problem. Getting back to the 2 other machines. I even tried to uninstall/reinstall and no go. So, something crossed with the software and the latest big Windows 10 update. Weird. Crossing my fingers Adguard 6 will not have this issue once released.
Agree with above. I tried latest Beta and found it didn't integrate well with browser extension (Chrome or Opera) so went back to 5.10. Really disappointing this isn't being addressing on production build given Beta hasn't even progressed to RC yet. Why go standard/premium if support isn't there?

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@FattiesGoneWild, @Davey126

What Vasiliy was trying to say is that we won't release patches for 5.10 as v6 is very-very close to release.

This does not mean we don't provide support for v5.10 users, sorry for us being misleading.

The easiest way to help you and to also for us to understand what's wrong is a remote access session.

What do you thing about it?