License Issue - Support Tickets And Agents Are Worthless - Need Help Immediately!

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by jjhurley, Nov 28, 2014.

1. jjhurley

jjhurley New Member

Ordered lifetime Adguard for $49.95 on August 6th, 2014. Everything was fine and I enjoyed the product on my one computer. No issues at all. I decided about a week ago to get Adguard for my brand new Nexus 6 smartphone I own. It said I would have to upgrade my license to be able to use my lifetime license code on my phone as well. That sucks, but okay so I did it. It confirmed my order was complete and said to use the same license code on my phone. I did and everything was fine on both my phone and my computer. A few days later my computer says my "trial" expired and I needed to pay to get protection from the app that's updated and always running 24/7 on my computer and down in my system tray on Windows 8.1. I was very upset so I tried to enter in my license code. It said the code was "wrong or expired license key" and to contact support for assistance.

Before contacting support I logged into my Adguard account on the site to confirm my license code was correct. I double-checked it was still working on my cell phone, even refreshed the app and everything possible to ensure. Everything is 100% working and fine on both site and my phone yet my computer still says the license is wrong or invalid and my "trial" has expired. I was NOT on a trial and my license IS valid and paid for LIFETIME. So, as the software on my computer says I went to contact support.

I sent support emails and created support tickets. Within 24 hours I notice they close my tickets and say it's resolved after replying back asking what version of the software I'm running. What the heck? I re-opened the ticket and opened up several others as well as replied many times to express my disgust. I did, however, try to activate my license again and it applied and worked fine back on my computer. So despite their stupid support email asking a software version question and closing my ticket I figured they somehow fixed it and didn't even bother telling me.

WRONG! The next time I'm at my computer I notice my green shield is now yellow again and it's again stating my 'trial' is over and my license key is wrong or invalid. At this point I'm super pissed off. I open new tickets and send emails again demanding they fix this problem. My phone and their website still states my license key is 100% good and fine and it's even running fine on my phone. WTF? That was this morning. I just got an email from support stating they gave me a 90-day activation code to try the product and if I like it I can purchase it.

WHAT!?!?!?

Why is support so incompetent that they:

1. Close my tickets without resolution.
    2. Do not fix my problem but instead email a one-sentence question asking what software version I have.
    3. Tell me they are now giving me a 90-day license code so I can try the product and if I like it buy it.

JUST FIX MY LICENSE CODE ISSUE. HOW HARD IS IT? I PROVIDED YOU (SUPPORT) VIA EMAIL AND IN MY TICKETS WITH MY LICENSE CODE, EXPLAINED EVERYTHING ABOVE AND FOR YOU TO FIND OUT WHAT IN YOUR SYSTEM IS FLAGGING MY LICENSE AS INVALID AND SIMPLY FIX IT. HOW HARD IS THAT? MY ACCOUNT/LICENSE PAGE ON THE WEBSITE CONFIRMS MY LICENSE CODE IS GOOD, MY PHONE VERIFIES THIS WITH THE ADGUARD SOFTWARE AND SAYS THE LICENSE IS GOOD, AND THE WEBSITE ALSO CONFIRMS I HAVE PAID THE PREMIUM FEE TO UPGRADE MY "INDEFINITE" (LIFETIME) LICENSE IS NOT ONLY VALID BUT ALSO NOW "PREMIUM" AND MY NEXUS 6 IS CONNECTED TO IT AND EVERYTHING IS FINE?

Maybe this forum will be of more assistance. If not, I want to talk to this company's president, CEO, whoever because I'm a paying customer who's not only being treated like garbage but being recognized by support as someone who needs a trial license. I am very, very upset.

Find the stupid problem in your licensing system and fix it for me already or give me a new one to use on both devices that won't have a problem. How hard can it possibly be? Something in your system is flagging my Windows 8.1 latest software of yours to not allow my valid, paid for license. Find that issue and fix it! I am wondering if it has to do with my phone running all data usage through my home network/wifi and thus the system is seeing two devices on my home internet's IP and thus flagging one to not operate? I don't know, but your company and support and/or technicians should and should fix it.

FIX IT ALREADY!

2. jjhurley

jjhurley New Member

Does no one at support care to help? Clearly someone is working for them today because they continue to close my tickets after I re-open them. What in the world is the ever-loving problem here? Just fix my issue already. Stop ignoring me, stop closing my support tickets and stop completely misunderstanding the problem the one time you did try to offer a solution.

Do I have to report your company to the Better Business Bureau, give you horrible ratings on every app marketplace, social media service, and demand a chargeback from my credit card company? I hate to have to even bring such things up but if my voice is still not being heard then I must try something else. This will be my recourse if I'm still ignored and my problem still persists along with my support tickets getting closed saying they are 'resolved.' This is a complete joke.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Previous posts may have contained an error on my part of my upgrade fee which was actually only $9.95, basically $10, not more, but the following still holds true:

One email mentioned how you cannot use the same key in my case for both devices. Then why in the world did the app when I downloaded it prompt me to login, which I did, then ask me to use my key, which I did, then say I had to upgrade to Premium on my Lifetime license to use it on the phone as well but DIDN'T say (again, this is all via my phone) that meant the license could NOT be used on my computer any longer? Also, why would the upgrade have cost that much anyway then? Bottom line here is I got screwed because of your app and in more than one way. The app makes it out to be I paid $10 to upgrade my current license to work on my phone AS WELL, not IN PLACE OF my PC and not allow both access. That is NOT my fault and problem NOT would I have done it if the app said that.

Either fix this issue or I'm going to dispute the charge on PayPal for my "upgrade" (that's really a downgrade-- who would want to pay $10 to not use their lifetime license on their PC anymore and instead now only use it on a phone?)? That's right, essentially nobody. So why does your app even prompt users to do that? It makes no sense. Your app guided me through this process and told me to do this. On top of this, your support has been horrible, absolutely horrible. If there's no activity or responses due to holidays that's one thing but here you do have activity (closing tickets without resolution) and replies to emails, they're just few and far between and don't make sense, solve the issue, nor treat me, a customer, properly. What sort of customer service closes tickets and marks them resolved when they didn't even do anything on them? Seriously?

I should get compensation for this blunder because Adguard, you guys really dropped the ball here. Badly. This was an epic fail. It isn't the end of the world but all things add up to a horrifying experience. If you don't want to give compensation by granting me license access on BOTH my computer and PHONE, as I WAS LED TO BELIEVE I WAS DOING, then fine, but I demand my $9.95 refunded to downgrade from "Premium" and go back to just using my previous lifetime license on my computer. I'll pay another ad-blocking software company money on my phone instead of you guys because although your service works good on my computer your upgrade system, app, and customer service are HORRIBLE.

So which will it be? Tell me now because I want this resolved as soon as possible.

1. Are you going to continue giving me the horrible customer support you've given me so far, not acknowledge your app's mistakes and problems and misleading activity to current PC license holders, and just give me a refund on my $9.95, downgrade me from "premium" and back to standard "lifetime" as I was before, unlink my phone to my account, and I can delete your app from my phone and pay someone else money for ad-blocking software on it?

2. Are you going to acknowledge your countless mistakes and problems thus far and do what I feel is right and give me what I thought I was getting in the first place-- Lifetime license ability on my phone as your app led me to believe I was doing when it told me to pay $9.95?

3. Neither of the above. Either ignore me completely or beat around the bush with no true resolution. This option will result in me opening a chargeback and dispute via PayPal to get my $9.95 back and spend it elsewhere with another ad-blocking company on Android. If I have to do this, and I hope I don't, it had better not mess up my license on my computer I paid $50 for a few months ago. If so, that will be dealt with as well with possible legal action, BBB contact, etc.

Option 1, option 2 or option 3. Which will you choose, Adguard? Give me an answer so we can both move on and deal with more important things. $10 is nothing, it's the principle here and I won't stand for what's happened so far. I'm disgusted. If you give no answer by Monday then option 3 it is. Again, I don't want that option but you'll leave me no choice.

3. Dolfi

Dolfi Banned

tl;dr, you missed the KISS principle - keep it simple (and stupid)
    My guess from your first few lines (and the pricing of 9.95$): You are simply wrong, bc you upgraded a single std license to a single premium license.
    What you appear not to have noticed: Purchase page says "Premium license (PC or Android)". Or means one device, PC or Android.

Your fastest (and cheapest) path from here is: Cancel that order (I'm unsure if paypal claim is the right way to do so: It was your mistake, nothing Performix LLC did wrong), ask to get the 9.95 refunded.
    Black friday deal is still available, so grab a single premium lifetime license for 42$ (instead of 60 regular). Enter that code on your Android, delete the Android from your old account and AG on your PC should run as before.

Should I be wrong just ignore this post.

HTH, Dolfi

P.S. I tend to be mad too soon myself so I know: Usually things do not get better nor faster that way :)

P.P.S. @avatar: You see: It saves time and energy to yourself as well as the customers to make such sites/processes crystal clear, it's not enough to be legally right.

4. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

@jjhurley

Hello, thank you for pointing us at this issue.

We've made it clear now on the purchase page (at least I hope that it's clear):
    [​IMG]

Also I've read the discussion with our support and I see they have already generated a premium 1-year license key for you.
    I can extend it to lifetime if you want. Please let me know if it's ok.

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

You are right indeed. I admit this whole thing is our mistake.

5. Dolfi

Dolfi Banned

now I am a bit pissed, avatar.
    To have helped such a "reasonable" guy to get a free license.

6. Venky

Venky Beta Tester

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014
  7. Dolfi

Dolfi Banned

it said or back when you asked.
    What's the bloody problem of ppl to understand basic grammar?!

I pointed avatar to avoid fighting idiots, I did not mean to help them.

P.S. Not actually meaning you by that. You might just have wanted to make sure not to waste money (unnessessary license) bc of a stupid vendor.

8. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[OFFTOP]Haha, Dolfi, too many stupid ppl around you, don't you think so?:)[/OFFTOP]

Sometimes people make mistakes, it's ok. This time it was our mistake that the purchase page was not clear enough.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014
  9. mysteriously

mysteriously Beta Tester & Translator

Hmm... Single premium license/1 premium license/Single device premium license

10. Venky

Venky Beta Tester

@avatar mistakes are fine, its only by making one that people learn :). its what we beta testers are here for, to point out your mistakes lol