license question

Renee

I bought an AdGuard license for one year (valid until 10.10.2020). Now I read that a license is basically valid for 3 devices. But I cannot transfer the license I have to another device. What am I doing wrong?

Renee

I have seen and read this. But it doesn't work. I get the message: This license has already been activated for the maximum number of devices.

When I purchased the license, it was valid for 1 device. So what do I have to do to activate it for another one. Purchase a new license?

oldsarge

Seems like some of the more knowledgeable folks may be on vacation. You might have to wait a few days. But you might be able to work it out; see if this helps:

Q: How can I convert my old license keys to the new system?
A: You can convert any non-lifetime license. Keys for 1, 2 or 3 devices can be coverted either to Personal or Family types, and keys for 4+ devices can only be converted to Family, of course.
To convert any key, you need to renew it manually. There's also an option to convert a key to the Family type without renewal, simply by adding more devices to it. All of these is possible in your personal account on adguard.com.

Last edited:

Renee

I don't see any way to add a device. It says: Standard license for 1 device Valid until 10/10/2010.

I can only renew or upgrade. An upgrade then costs 25.08 Euro again and is then valid for 3 devices. However, I can't find any indication whether I should pay an additional 25 Euro for a license purchased in October, or whether the already paid amount should be credited to the upgrade.

oldsarge

I really don't know what to say since I am fairly new here myself. I went with the lifetime license for 3 devices at the end of November. Pay once, cry once. So now if/when I get new equipment I will just transfer the license to the new without having to worry about renewal costs.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
This blog post has a Q&A explaining this stuff.

oldsarge

Hi Boo Berry - I referenced the same blog. I think the OP wants to know if upgrading will take into account what has already been paid and apply that to the price up the upgrade.

Renee

That's exactly the point. The way it looks now, I should pay another 25 euros for an upgrade or conversion. Of course I don't see why.

oldsarge

We have all purchased something only to find out a week or a month later that it went on sale. Such is life. If you upgrade to a lifetime license, you won't need to worry about yearly renewals, thus saving money on the long run.

Renee

The question whether I save money with a lifetime license depends on how long AdGuard will be around.
I'd rather wait and see how things develop. But I realize that I'm not getting anywhere here. If the license terms were clearer and less ambiguous about upgrade options and costs, I wouldn't have had to ask these questions.

Let's leave it at that. I will certainly not buy another license just to get what was changed shortly after I bought it.
Have a nice day.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
I bought an AdGuard license for one year (valid until 10.10.2020). Now I read that a license is basically valid for 3 devices. But I cannot transfer the license I have to another device. What am I doing wrong?
In fact, you need to go into your personal account and reset your license in order to use it on another device.