LineageOS support

ghazan

Hi.

Is that possible that you make a mobile version of Adguard for LineageOS? There you can embed Adguard into the system-level components to control any traffic, including Youtube etc.

WMBR, George Hazan

UMX

Normal Android version works for LineageOS as well.
For deeper integration into the OS Lineage had to approach AG, IMO - not vice versa. For all I know and experienced myself it's usually lotsa (useless!) work to try to convince another developer to integrate your own work - the interest has to come from their side.

ghazan

Normal Android version works for LineageOS as well.
Yes, I'm just a bit tired of watching Youtube adverts. I have to use Adguard for Windows to eliminate them.

it's usually lotsa (useless!) work to try to convince another developer to integrate your own work
LineageOS is not my property :) but it's very widely used among people who can tune smartphone as they like

UMX

Yes, I'm just a bit tired of watching Youtube adverts. I have to use Adguard for Windows to eliminate them.
Nope.
LineageOS is not my property :) but it's very widely used among people who can tune smartphone as they like
Sure, have fun convicing their developers to integrate AdGuard* :D

* I don't think AdGuard rejected this at all, the hard part will be to convince LineageOS devs.

Last edited:

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@ghazan yes, we already use system-level components (iptables) in the automatic proxy mode. Besides, even in VPN mode AdGuard controls all traffic, the YT problem is caused by other reasons.

One possible solution is to watch youtube in browser. Not the cleanest one, but should do the job.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
One possible solution is to watch youtube in browser. Not the cleanest one, but should do the job.
Yep, that's one of the two workarounds to deal with YouTube ads on Android.

1) Watch YouTube in a web browser instead of the YouTube app.
2) Install and use a modded YouTube app instead, e.g. YouTube Vanced.