Linkbucks links

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Nameless, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Hi all, im currently trying out your product and have an admuncher license on my main PC but instead of buying another license for my laptop im looking into alternatives after all its pretty outdated and the devs show no positive signs they are doing anything other than saying "coming soon" and "were working all the hours under the sun".

I have already used a function in adguard to ask support if there is a way to do this but so far all i have gotten is two emails in Russian, when clicking on the support link im then asked to sign up for a support account which i dont see the point in at the moment as im just tryling you're application

Anyway the problem.

There is a site i use that uses linkbucks the links it provides are like this: http://www.any.gs/9bc107ab/url/http://www.firedrive.com/file/33A91E06B8989599 with admuncher im just redircted to filedrive no waiting no nothing. With your application i got a white screen and could not go any further without adding an exception to the "content filtering rules" which then lead to a horrible "ping" to warn me that its known as a phishing website (linkbucksmedia) i then waited for 5 seconds (i already installed ads skipper no joy) clicked the next link and had a popup.

Is there a better way of dealing with this or something im missing?

Thanks in advance for any information regarding this i use these links alot.

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

For this issue, you'll probably have to use an extension (userscript) to deal with Linkbucks redirect ads/links. I have two recommendations, choose one and try!

AdsFight!
    NoPicAds

All you do is open up Adguard and its options, click Extended interface on the bottom left page, then go to the Settings section and click on Extensions. From there, click in Install new extension... button and copy/paste one of the links of the userscripts above into the dialog, and click Install.

3. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Thanks boo berry for the reply, will give it ago now.

As i said i was trying the ads skipper extension but had no luck, i dont use userscripts normally see.

Edit:
    No joy with either of them, i'll do more searching.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2014
  4. Boo Berry

Yeah, I'm thinking the domain would need to be added to both userscripts in this case. Hmmmm.

5. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Tried a few of them now and got nothing, like you said i think they changed the domain to any.gs recently so maybe they need an update.

I'll have a look later im watching my shows and missing part via searching lol

Thanks for the help anyway.

6. Boo Berry

Looking at the source code for those userscripts, they already handle any.gs' domain for Linkbucks. But, after closing the browser and reopening it after adding either AdsFight/NoPicAds and loading up that site again I find Adguard blocks the main page (no popup/under either) but it doesn't automatically redirect past the ad - you still have to click skip this ad at the top. Looking into this more.

There's a few possibilities here; a) Linkbucks is broken in all userscripts (this happens, they update to break these userscripts), b) it's *possible* it may not work in Adguard. I'll have to grab Greasemonkey for Firefox and test the script that way to see if it works any better or c) the userscript may not work in all browsers. For example, I noticed NoPicAds doesn't function correctly in Internet Explorer 11, but fine in the rest.

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Confirmed, neither NoPicAds or AdsFight will work through Adguard correctly (at least with Linkbucks redirect ads). I installed both userscripts in Firefox (via Greasemonkey) and tested each one individually - NoPicAds will bypass the ads pretty quickly where as AdsFight will show the ads but bypass the ad automatically when the countdown hits zero (so I'll conclude NoPicAds is the better of the two). When both are installed in Adguard, neither seems to work at all. This *could* be because those scripts require Greasemonkey functions not currently supported in Adguard or due to their complexity or perhaps some sort of exotic bug. And this *may* also be the root cause of a IE11 incompatibility when using NoPicAds too that I noticed while beta testing. More testing will be required.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2014
  7. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Thanks for taking the time to look into this Boo Berry, didn't think about restarting the browser because nothing was installed just refreshed the page and that was it. I understand the userscript thing is a new feature so, i can not knock it if there are issues with it either. Again thank you for taking your time to look into it and installing greasemonkey (something i admit i would be too lazy to do at moment lol plus id need firefox as im a chrome convert even though im having issues with it - .-).

I guess i'll just have to click the link and close down the popup it brings at the moment while im testing adguard on the laptop either that or disable the exclusion i made and then change the link address when i get a white page.

8. Boo Berry

No problem, but I'm highly interested in the technical reason(s) why the scripts don't seem to work correctly in Adguard. Just gotta wait until avatar sees this topic and posts. :)

9. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

With me being new i dont know, but at a guess redirection could be blocked as an added security? Ive clicked links in the past and been flown from one redirect to another and so on. Then again maybe the code is not getting injected right, anyway will see what he says but so far thats the only issue i have had other than workign out how to block/add the right exception. I got another week to play so will test more things when im browsing and play about.

10. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Well been over two days now (support & forum) so i dunno...
    Will keep using adguard till trial is up then try an alternative i guess as i dont feel like being stung twice.

11. Boo Berry

It's probably not an easy fix and requires a program update (I believe they're working on Adguard 6.0, which may take awhile before release). In which case for the time being as a stopgap solution, it'd probably best to install a userscript extension for your browser (Greasemonkey for Firefox, Tampermonkey for Chrome/Opera, etc.) and use the NoPicAds userscript that way.

12. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Didnt say i wanted a fix over night, but a two second response would of been nice "ok thanks we'll look into it" or "yes, not all scripts are yet compatible with it for x, y, z reason".

As i said when i started this thread i did use the in application support which has yet to receive any type of response, and no where does it say "a support account is required" but then again the whole support ticket is in russian which obviously does not help the english speakers.

I have done what you said and installed tampermonkey and nopicads but its nto working as i would personally like, i'll look into alternatives soon as the trial is up its not a bad little application but needs more work i feel.

13. Boo Berry

I do understand your frustration in that lack of official response regard, but everyone needs to keep in mind the developers are in another part of the world and they're usually not around on weekends - nor are they as active on the forums (admittingly as they should be), depending on how deep into development they currently are (mainly avatar handles the English section of the forums). avatar, could you please post the technical reasons why NoPicAds isn't working (for at least Linkbucks redirects) through Adguard, where it'll work fine in Chrome/Firefox via extension? If you don't receive a response in this topic, you might want to try forum PMing him instead. :)

Regarding alternatives, there's no other alternative ad-blocking application out there that supports userscripts (which is basically needed to get around these ad redirect links - script injection) so either way you'd end up having to use Tampermonkey to use the NoPicAds script. That said, I believe the developers are already aware of a handful of userscripts not working correctly (like NoPicAds and AdsFight) and I'm sure it goes without saying that they'll work on supporting the Greasemonkey functions required to get those scripts working. There's another variable here... the differences between each browser and its rendering engine and what it can or can not support. Greasemonkey support in Chrome (using Tampermonkey as an example) is slightly different than Greasemonkey in Chrome. It boils down to how the browsers handle the Javascript/CSS functions (e.g. the unsafeWindow stuff), what exactly they support (there are little things Chrome doesn't support where-as Firefox does. Ultimately it's really mind numbingly complex when you try to comprehend the differences due to no two browsers (rendering engines) being the same. There's also Internet Explorer to consider - while some userscripts work fine in Internet Explorer, others are just totally broken even though they work fine in Chrome/Firefox/etc. Thinking about it, some 'wrapper' where unsupported IE functions are translated into workable code and vice versa might be needed. It actually might be needed for other browsers too, thinking about the rendering differences. And then the development team has to test scripts on multiple browsers.

*mind explodes trying to comprehend it all*

14. Cary

Cary Beta Tester

Here you are: Install into Adguard the extension "Redirect Bypasser" from userscripts.org. Now, when you hover over a link that would ordinarily take you to LinkBucks, you will see a semi-transparent icon that when hovered upon, will show the "real" url in a tooltip, and when clicked on, will take you to the actual intended link....no waiting, and no brief flash of the linkbucks site, as is shown in Admuncher. It de-obuscates all manner of re-directs and mis-directs. Trust me - this is a great solution and finally allowed me to be free of both Admuncher and Proxomitron. No need of TamperMonkey, ViolentMonkey, GreaseMonkey, AdSkipper, or NoPicAds.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  15. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

@Cary, thanks for that it is alot better than before, i admit im just use to how mucher does things > click link taken to firedrive or other website it will just tak some getting use to i guess but definatly beats having wait 5 seconds + popup!

@Boo, like i said i opened a support ticket at the same time which is nor what 6 days ago? i was kind of annoyed the email i got was in russian and when i clicked the link i found out i needed a support account which to me is kind of stupid.

As for alternatives i never said ones that support userscripts im totally new to them and have never used one before that i can remember. I ment maybe another ad blocker as im not prepared to pay another premium price for muncher ith how bad the support for that application is going at the moment. I admitted this application is pretty good, but when the trial ends im free to try alternatives which im probably going to do.

Im not going to try and re-read what yuo wrote for he fifth time as i keep getting lost in the text (sorry, will try again tomorrow just tired and find it hard to read sometimes) but like i said i do thnk adguard is decent application just needs alittle more work and support. As for location where they are what does that have to do with nearly a week waiting? Are days longer in russia than other parts of teh world?

16. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Update.

On the 18th i made a ticket via the application saying "Ads are normally displayed but due to the blocking of them ads now the site will not load. Is thre anyway to allow the site to load but not to add the site to exceptions?" (ive added it to my exceptions list now had no choice) today i got the amazing response of "we need a screenshot to understand and analyze the issue" because a web link that shows the issue isn't good enough.

Ive told avatar to close the ticket and i just told support to do the same because 6days for a screenshot response when they have the tools to analyze the issue as it is, is kind of ridiculous imo.