Lollipop and AdGuard still requires permission

Kool

Hi
a few months back I was told on this forum that when my device got lolipop , adguard would no longer need permission on every boot . Well it does still need me to verify on every restart . What a disappointment.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Are you using local VPN mode? If so, yes, it'll prompt for access on every boot - this is normal and part of Android itself. The only way around this is to gain root access and use local HTTP proxy mode.

Last edited by a moderator:

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Are you using local VPN mode? If so, yes, it'll prompt for access on every boot - this is normal and part of Android itself. The only way around this is to gain root access and use local HTTP proxy mode.
This bug was fixed by Google since Lollipop, so it is strange.

@Kool, do you use other VPNs?

Kool

I was using VPN mode , and it still asks every boot . It's the only VPN service on my Tab S tablet.
I changed it to manual proxy , but I still get the occasional "no connection " message I had in kitkat.
Its a shame there's no option to add adguard to android safe list so it doesn't ask again as I like the VPN mode better. Thanks.

Kool

It is strange , because my girlfriend has a similar Samsung tabet , the 12.2 galaxy tab pro and she also uses VPN mode and hers does not ask pemission on start up , where my own Galaxy tab s 10.5 does .
They are both set up the same as I installed on both device .

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It is strange , because my girlfriend has a similar Samsung tabet , the 12.2 galaxy tab pro and she also uses VPN mode and hers does not ask pemission on start up , where my own Galaxy tab s 10.5 does .
They are both set up the same as I installed on both device .
I suppose the firmwares are slightly different on the devices. It's normal for Samsung, they have bunch of different firmwares.