[MAC 1.0.39] Videos won't play on NHL.com after waking system from sleep

Discussion in 'Quality Control' started by saturnotaku, Jan 30, 2015.

1. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Beta Tester

Am having an issue where videos on NHL.com won't play using Safari with Adguard 1.0.39 beta. Steps to reproduce the issue:

1) Launch Adguard
    2) Go to NHL.com and and pick highlights for any game. Videos will play properly while there.
    3) Put Mac system to sleep.
    4) Wake system and repeat the first part of step 2.

While Adguard will continue to block ads, the videos will no longer play. Quitting Adguard and restarting it will fix the problem until the next time I put the computer to sleep and wake it.

I have attached a couple screenshots. One is how the site looks with Adguard disabled, the other is how it looks with the program running and looking at NHL.com after waking my MacBook Pro from sleep.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

We have tested it and weren't able to reproduce the problem. We tested it in 1.0.40, though, so expect it to be fixed with the enxt update.

3. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I remember some issues with Adguard filtering after sleep/wake from another threads.
    Maybe we have the same issue here.

Do you have it in 1.0.41?

4. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Beta Tester

I haven't had a chance to update yet, but will do so ASAP. I will say, though, that the problem I described above is more widespread than just NHL.com and it definitely is related to sleep/wake. So hopefully the new beta build fixes these problems.

5. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Beta Tester

No joy. Updated to 1.0.41 and still the same problem with videos on NHL.com. In doing a bit more research, it seems that NHL.com is tied to this server: adm.fwmrm.net. Is there a way for Adguard to work around this with either an updated filter list or program update?

6. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Seems that's filters issue, don't yet understand why we can't reproduce it in Win-version.

I've updated English filter, videos should be ok now.