[Mac] 1.0.79 beta causes security certificate errors on https sites in Firefox

saturnotaku

Beta Tester
Yet more problems with the Mac beta. In the latest Firefox, any attempt to connect to a secure/https site throws up the dreaded "The connection is untrused" security warning. Disabling the Adguard software fixes the issue. The problem is not present when using the browser extension only.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
As a test, have you tried reproducing this in Safari and/or Chrome? Sounds like the certificate wasn't imported into Firefox, which is causing this issue. I'm not sure where the certificate is even stored on Mac so it can be manually imported.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I'll see if I can locate where the certificate is stored so we can manually import it on Mac.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please delete all Adguard certificates from Firefox, then restart Adguard and it should install all required certificates automatically.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Looks like something is badly wrong there with your setup and install of Adguard, hmmm.

saturnotaku

Beta Tester
I "uninstalled" the software using a program called AppDelete, which cleans out preference files and things that don't get removed by just dragging the application to the trash. I then reinstalled the latest beta cleanly, and it seems to be functioning as normal. Apparently the numerous auto-updates over the last several months of beta testing (been evaluating the Mac version of this software since it was announced) caused something to become corrupted along the way.

Perhaps there is some sort of bug in the update routine that is causing something to get messed up.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
So everything works now? Hmmm, once I get the Mac SSD re-enabled and running I might have to tinker with this some more. Does AppDelete keep a log of the files it removes? I'd be interested in seeing a list so perhaps I could create a manual removal tutorial. :)

saturnotaku

Beta Tester
So everything works now? Hmmm, once I get the Mac SSD re-enabled and running I might have to tinker with this some more. Does AppDelete keep a log of the files it removes? I'd be interested in seeing a list so perhaps I could create a manual removal tutorial. :)
You're in luck. AppDelete does keep a log, and I've attached the relevant portion here.

Attachments

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have got the same issue with FF after updating to 1.0.85.

Guess something wrong with update procedure here.