[Mac] 1.0.79 beta not blocking Youtube

saturnotaku

Beta Tester
Been a while since I've posted here because Adguard has been working remarkably well in recent builds...until now. The latest, 1.0.79, has apparently lost the ability to block the banner ad on Youtube's front page. This is with Safari 8.0.6 and OS X Yosemite 10.10.3. This issue was not present in previous Adguard builds.

Screenshot attached.

Attachments

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like Youtube is not filtered at all in Safari.

Could you please also check it in Chrome?

saturnotaku

Beta Tester
No joy in Chrome either (can't upload a screenshot for some reason), however this issue appears to be limited to that ad on the Youtube home page. Playing a video shows ads are being blocked correctly on both Safari and Chrome.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I can't reproduce this - filtering works on YouTube's main page in both Chrome and Safari.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No joy in Chrome either (can't upload a screenshot for some reason), however this issue appears to be limited to that ad on the Youtube home page. Playing a video shows ads are being blocked correctly on both Safari and Chrome.
This is good news. It means that SSL filtering is ok - something wrong with CSS/JS rules though.

Let's wait for the next beta, we've changes the way CSS/JS are applied.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Why? That's not odd, it's just Mac version has a bug in the current beta:)

saturnotaku

Beta Tester
Why? That's not odd, it's just Mac version has a bug in the current beta:)
It might be related to this issue, but when I connect to my company's VPN to work from home, Adguard basically doesn't work at all on Youtube. The front-page ad is still there, and ads are not blocked on videos. When I disconnect from the VPN, ad blocking within videos goes back to functioning. This happens on Chrome and Safari.