[MAC] Don't filter LAN

Discussion in 'Discussion (Beta Versions)' started by JohnK, Jan 4, 2015.

1. JohnK

JohnK Beta Tester

I really like this program and have been waiting for it for a long time, is there any chance to make a filter that exclude Ad filtering on LAN, or will that feature come in the finale release ?

The reason I ask this, is that when I access things like my router, Accesspoint and NAS, Safari is really slow, it goes back to as it was when i disable Adguard, and there is no need to adfilter on LAN...well not mine anyway :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
  2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Beta Tester

Try adding the IP address(es) of your NAS devices to your Adguard whitelist. I had to do this with a wireless storage device I use with my Mac and the Firefox browser extension. It worked fine after that.

3. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Beta Tester

I just installed the 1.0.36 beta and had a problem right off the bat. After copying the program to my applications folder and running it for the first time, I got an error message which I've attached here. I also submitted a crashlog using the built-in reporting tool. Upon closing and restarting Adguard, it seemed to load correctly.

Screen Shot 2015-01-09 at 7.53.10 PM.jpg

Secondly, not a bug report but a feature request: Can you please add the ability to import/export user-created whitelists and blacklists as you can in the Windows software and browser extensions? It's a pain having to copy/paste all my user filters into the app individually.

Otherwise, it seems you're off to a good start.

4. JohnK

JohnK Beta Tester

Where do I find the Adguard White list ?

5. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Beta Tester

This functionality doesn't appear to work in the Adguard software. You would need the browser extension for whatever one you use.

I have another issue to report with the software. It doesn't seem to integrate with Google Chrome as well as the browser extension does. With Chrome and the Adguard extension, the "sponsored" portion of the image I've attached does not even appear. With the Adguard software, you can still see it even though the ad itself is not being displayed. The sponsored link does not appear with the software and Safari.

Attached Files:

6. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Try adding this rule to your User Filter:
    Code:
    @@||192.168.0.*$document

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

We'll add it in one of the future updates, thank you!

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Could you please post the link to this thread? Something is wrong with filtering of this website.

7. JohnK

JohnK Beta Tester

8. avatar

What's your LAN subnet?

I supposed that it is 192.168.0.* but maybe i am wrong?

9. JohnK

JohnK Beta Tester

No, its 192.168.1.* but I tried to set that in sted of the one you wrote, like this @@||192.168.1.*$document, but still the same slow LAN with part og the UI sometimes missing :-(

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2015
  10. avatar

Ok, one more test: could you please try disabling ad blocker at all (but don't quit adguard).

Also could you please show of this distorted UI?

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Moved this discussion to beta tester's section

11. JohnK

JohnK Beta Tester

OK, but I always just disable Adguard never quit, slide the switch to disable "Ad blocker" and " Privacy protection", and when I do this, all is back to normal.

Here is a screenshot from my router UI, please disregard the blurred SSID and IP address thats something I did.
    The right side of the UI will appear but it takes som time, and if I click on the subcategories on the UI they are very slow, and some pages will not show right or show at all.

Attached Files:

12. avatar

Could you please do the following:
    1. Switch logging level to "Debug" (in context menu)
    2. Reproduce the issue
    3. Send us a message from the app (Support... menu item) with "attach diagnostic report" option checked

13. JohnK

JohnK Beta Tester

I just did :)

14. avatar

Could you please also post ticket ID?

15. JohnK

JohnK Beta Tester

Ticket ID: SFF-857-32185

16. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

This error used to occur only with first launch, so you won't experience it again anyway. But we are glad to say that with the new beta released today other users won't come across it too :)

17. JohnK

JohnK Beta Tester

YES, the new Beta solved my LAN problem, thank you :) :)

18. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Great to hear that!