Mackeeper

subaryta

Thanks. I removed their cookies and see if it helped. I don't recall ever installing this program and can't find traces of it in my system.

nospame

I don't have mackeeper installed in my computer.

I added mackeeper.com to my filter and I still the website loads. Without css, images but still some html. I was expecting to block completely like a hosts blocker.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I added mackeeper.com to my filter and I still the website loads.
If you add something like
Code:
||mackeeper.com
it will not block the whole website. Only those elements that are loaded from mackeeper.com, all other will stay (unless blocked by another rule). $empty modifier will help:
Code:
||mackeeper.com^$empty
will show an empty page if you try to access mackeeper.com.

Having that said, all this only deals with a symptom. If you have mackeeper pop-ups, it is definitely something on your Mac that causes it (not necessarily the Mackeeper app itself).

nospame

If you add something like
Code:
||mackeeper.com
it will not block the whole website. Only those elements that are loaded from mackeeper.com, all other will stay (unless blocked by another rule). $empty modifier will help:
Code:
||mackeeper.com^$empty
will show an empty page if you try to access mackeeper.com.
I was expecting Adguard to block websites completely like HOST blocker. Another typical address to block is doubleclick.net. When you open it, it redirects to doubleclickbygoogle.com. Another address with redirects is livejasmin.com. If a popup open that address, it will load content.

Adding these addresses does not do the job:
doubleclickbygoogle.com^$empty
or
||doubleclickbygoogle.com^$empty
or
|doubleclickbygoogle.com^$empty

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It's just more complicated than this.

By default Adguard only blocks the sub-requests (any request sent from a web page). $empty modifier allows to block all requests though.

So, for your examples, just add ||doubleclick.net^$empty to prevent all requests to that domain.