make useful ads non default

Discussion in 'Discussion (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Accel, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Accel

Accel Beta Tester

i think adguard should make the useful ads non default. most of us who use adblocker, should not like seeing ads.

seeing as adguard is a paid adblocker, it is just logical to make it non-default filter, and the user can choose to add it easily on the first configuration.

hope this would be realised. :)

thank you

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

You can easily uncheck useful ads during the first configuration.

3. Accel

Accel Beta Tester

yeah it's allright for us which is quite familiars with computers. but not for others that would skips configuration (remind me of my firends, who would skips all the cnfiguration or clicking next)

4. mysteriously

mysteriously Beta Tester & Translator

I agree with Accel. Most users leave default settings and don't really pay attention to setup/configuration

5. Accel

Accel Beta Tester

yeah.. because that behavior i think adguard as a paid adblocker, make useful-ads to be non-default.. as most people buy adblocker must be hating ads. useful or not. :)

6. Accel

Accel Beta Tester

@avatar, could you give us a light in this discussion?

7. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hi @Accel!

We have some stats here. About 70% of Adguard users who have visited http://adguard.com/whitelist.html leave this option checked. Let's not confuse these ads with ABP's acceptable ads policy, there is nothing common.

Also I want you to understand, useful ads is not about the balance between users and site owners and not about making ads better and other blah-blah. It is about our ad filters creation policy. For example we don't block some banners on ebay because they are useful to shoppers (discounts, promotions, etc). Search ads whitelisting is not so obvious and that's why we moved it to separate filter.