Malwarebytes web protection blocks the Adguard web assistant.

srisar

Malwarebyte's web protection blocks adguard's web assistant from running. When i disable web protection and reopen chrome, i can see assistant working and blocking the ads, but when web protection is on, web assistant is not loaded and no ads are getting blocked. Is anyone facing such issues? Is there any ways to solve it?

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@srisar
Hello there!
Open AdGuard settings > General > Advanced > Switch-on FilterLocalhost function.
Any changes?

srisar

I have uninstalled and installed Adguard again. It seems to be working. I did uninstall and reinstall before and it worked for a while and then stopped. I will enable FilterLocalhost and see if it holds. thanks for quick reply.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Please specify the version of AdGuard/Windows/Malwarebytes
Also, try to switch-off WFP driver and Intercept TCP connections (Advanced settings).

srisar

I am using Adguard 7.3 (tried to update to beta and nightly as well, but the same issue) MB is version 4.04 (1.0.793) the latest.

John40

Hello there! ;)

Same thing for me. Adguard windows is no longer working after updating Malwarebytes.
As said by srisar, I have put WPF driver "OFF" - Intercept TCP connections (Advanced settings) is still "ON"
It is working again that way.

My configuration:
* Adguard windows 7.3
* Malwarebytes Premium 4.0.4.49 - Version of the "updated kit" 1.0.17732 - Version of "composant kit" 1.0793
* Windows 10 - version 1903 (18362.535)

Last edited:

steve1209

Beta Tester
Strange I'm not having this problem in Adguard

WFP driver enabled
Intercept TCP connections (Advanced settings) is "ON"
Adguard 7.3 Nightly 25
Malwarebytes Premium 4.0.4.49 - update package version 1.0.18146 - Version of "component package version" 1.0.804
***There was a Beta update for Malwarebytes today I got***
Windows 10 Home version 1909 version 18363.592

PS I did NOT have this problem prior to today's Malwarebytes update either!!

Sławek

Malwarebytes Pro is blocking the AdGuard assistant. AdGuard assistant, he can't help me. How to solve this situation. I'm asking for your help.

foto_3.jpg

When the full protection of Malwarebytes Pro is enabled, the AdGuard assistant does not work.

foto_2.jpg

srisar

Malwarebytes Pro is blocking the AdGuard assistant. AdGuard assistant, he can't help me. How to solve this situation. I'm asking for your help.

View attachment 16757

When the full protection of Malwarebytes Pro is enabled, the AdGuard assistant does not work.

View attachment 16758
I had this issue and when i disabled Use WPF network driver in AdG it worked afterward. I am right now on AdG 7.4 nightly 9 and i have no problem with WPF network driver on. (also i am using MB 4.1.0)

Sławek

I don't confirm what you wrote. AdGuard blocking ads doesn't work. Malwarebytes Premium 4.1.0 blocks the AdGuard assistant. The current version is 7.4 nightly 9.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Legacy Edge is a different kind of animal.

In 7.4 the Assistant is considered legacy and has been replaced with the new Browser Assistant browser extension, which *should* work fine with Malwarebytes. The problem, obviously, is that it's not available for the legacy version of Microsoft Edge (since legacy Edge is more-or-less considered a dead browser with the new Edge released to replace it). And yes, for the new Chromium-based Edge the Browser Assistant found in the Chrome Web Store works fine.

IMO, once 7.4 final is released, this should be more-or-less considered a non-issue since the Browser Assistant is and will be available for all popular web browsers... well, except legacy Edge and Internet Explorer, of course. IMHO, those two browsers really shouldn't be used anymore.