Massive I/O writes

Shadow

I'm using latest beta 6.0.67.364 on Win 7 Pro SP1 x64 (WFP driver not used) and have massive I/O writes count. Is it normal? Can this extensive usage impact my SSD?

Capture.PNG

Shadow

It seems I've found one of the reasons - AdguardSvc.exe (service) intercepts every single byte of IDM (Internet Download Manager) traffic. AdMuncher had an ability to exclude an app from filtering.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It seems I've found one of the reasons - AdguardSvc.exe (service) intercepts every single byte of IDM (Internet Download Manager) traffic. AdMuncher had an ability to exclude an app from filtering.
You may be right.

Adguard intercepts all the traffic and passes it through the filtering process (AdguardSvc.exe). If the app is not on the "Filtered Apps" list then these bytes are ignored and bypassed. But anyway this causes IO writes for kernelspace-userspace interaction. One important note here: these IO writes have nothing to do with your hard drive, all communication is done through the virtual device.

Shadow

You may be right.
... these IO writes have nothing to do with your hard drive, all communication is done through the virtual device.
Thanks a lot for support. I've started to worry like AdGuard could be SSD killing software.