Massive Internet Slowdown since today

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by DanMagicSausage, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Alex12

Alex12 New Member

Thanks for the explanation. I had assumed the local interception didn't involve DNS lookups.

2. Kashine

Kashine New Member

I am having the same problem. I use windows 10

3. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Do you use any antivirus? If so, what? Does updating to the AdGuard for Windows 6.3 beta help?

4. DanMagicSausage

DanMagicSausage New Member

I just got the newest non beta labeld version on GitHub. For now it works fine, but some websites still ned manual exceptions since AG blocks logging buttons or redirect forward after loggings.

5. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Can you report these websites by selecting "Report a website" option in AdGuard Assistant (the round icon in the corner of the page) while you are on the problematic pages?

6. mariya dems

mariya dems New Member

Updating to version 6.3 beta solved the problem

7. Boo Berry

6.3 is now in the stable channel.

8. EvilPeppard

EvilPeppard New Member

For me, Twitter.com has become unusable. I use the latest version of Chrome on Windows 10, 1803. I am using Symantec antivirus.

I cannot even click the AdGuard icon to pause monitoring on the Twitter.com page. Everything is totally hung up, even after updating to 6.4 beta. I previously was on 6.2 non-beta.

EDIT: If I disable protection from my taskbar, Twitter.com operates normally.

EDIT 2: Actually, nevermind. Twitter.com still is not working correctly, even with AdGuard protection disabled, so it must be something else.

You can disregard this post for now.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  9. Boo Berry

I've noticed Twitter and Facebook having terrible performance issues with Google Chrome (without AG or any adblocker) these days.

10. EvilPeppard

EvilPeppard New Member

Yeah, I cannot even use Twitter in Chrome, and Chrome is my preferred browser. I will just stick to the Twitter app on my phone for now.

Thanks for the reply.

11. johnjamesthe3rd

johnjamesthe3rd New Member

I have windows 10 1803 and Adguard 6.3 and this extreme slow-down as well. Many times the web page just times out.

Then I tried disabling my Bitdefender free edition and everything is back to normal. I'm not sure what changed or who's to blame but anti-virus in general seems to cause it.

For now I will just exit Adguard and use ublock extension with chrome and Bitdefender AV turned on. It works perfectly.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  12. freshhh

freshhh Active Member

confirmed
    W10 x64 fully updated
    no antivirus running
    ony happening if AdGuard is used

13. ram1220

ram1220 New Member

Yea. I am seeing it now too. I am using the latest Firefox as well as Eset NOD 32 Antivirus. Web pages take forever to load with Adguard enabled.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  14. Boo Berry

Does it work better if you disable the Scan SSL feature in NOD32? If so, it could be another antivirus incompatibility.

15. ram1220

ram1220 New Member

No it does not. In fact I have completely disabled NOD 32 and the internet is still slowed to a crawl. I don't think it's another antivirus incompatibility. If I reboot my computer without Adguard I do not get the internet slowdown. For now I am going without Adguard and just using an ad blocker extension with my browser. No slow down anymore as others have reported too.