Maxthon Private Beta

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I decided to put this here.

Anyone else sign up to test this and get accepted into the private beta? I did. Here's the email I got...

You've been selected for Maxthon Labs Private Beta - to help shape a new, never before seen product which will change the way the world surfs the web!

Hi there!

Welcome on board! As one of our selected beta testers, you'll soon get a chance to a never-before-seen Maxthon product. Before we go there, we thought we'd start by sharing with you the main goal of this project: we want to make the world's fastest web browser.

Here's where we stand as of today, June 30, 2014. Our engineering team has created a core web browser that will knock your socks off in terms of speed -- both startup and rendering. It is already the world's fastest.

But at this stage of its development, it's pretty crude. For example, the design hasn't really been laid out yet. But, every day we're finding new ways to turn up the speed. That puts us at a stage in our development where we really need your input -- which browser features are 'must-haves' and which are 'must-nots'? Part of making this browser lean and fast requires removing some speed-squashing elements. The question: Which features to keep and which to remove?

This is where you enter the picture as co-creators of this thing we're calling Maxthon Lightning. Tell us what you absolutely MUST have and what you can leave out by answering this one question survey.

If you want to go into greater detail, tell us what you think by sending your feedback to lightning@maxthon.com.

We will be in touch again soon!

Best Regards,
The Maxthon Team
You can still sign up to be a beta tester here. Hopefully they release a 64-bit version of the browser, as I've purged all 32-bit browsers from my fresh install. :p

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I decided to put this here.

Anyone else sign up to test this and get accepted into the private beta? I did. Here's the email I got...

You can still sign up to be a beta tester here. Hopefully they release a 64-bit version of the browser, as I've purged all 32-bit browsers from my fresh install. :p
I've received the same email too.

Voted for extensions/plug-ins:)

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The alpha of MxNitro launched! VERY minimal.
Good news it is chromium this time. So there is a change that our Chrome extension will be usable in maxthon.
Bad news is that I have not found browser settings:)

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
The Linux build of Maxthon is based off Chromium too (and uses Chrome extensions) so this isn't too surprising to me. That said, unless they add anything worthwhile, there's really no reason for me to use Maxthon over Chrome. Same thing applies to Opera now too.