MenuBar Window

Discussion in 'Feature Requests (AdGuard for Mac)' started by Carlos Santana, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Carlos Santana

Carlos Santana New Member

Would it be possible to incorporate a rollover window when your mouse hovers over the icon- similar to LittleSnitch- instead of having to click it. Would make it streamlined for checking stats.

---
    Side question- the website says that the browser extension and app can coexist, but i think i read from one of the staff that due to implementation issues it's best to just use the App as a standalone- is that correct? (maybe mention that on the faq on the site)

2. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

We don't feel it is necessary at the moment. Maybe the better solution would be to make statistics more easily accessible? Like adding an option to have a separate window with stats always visible?

Can I ask you where did you read this? There is no known conflicts between Adguard app and browser extension.

3. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

My guess is where Safari with the Adguard extension can't work in integration mode with Adguard for Mac, due to Safari API limitations.

4. Carlos Santana

No worries! It's good to see you guys interact with your customers and incorporate ideas into new builds- I pretty much convinced everyone i know to use Adguard over their old adblocks!

--

Hm, it was on this forum I don't remember the exact thread - but am i right in disabling the safari extension for now and just using the main app on OS X - i didn't want to have duplicate filter lists working and excess extensions running and slowing down the internet/Safari. I think the standalone app does the same job as the extension plus the added benefits/features of the app and also the Adguard assistant feature with the app on OS X takes over for the safari extension on the browser. Correct?

Anyways, I'm throughly enjoying the experience thus far and am looking forward to what you guys come with! Keep up the great work.

5. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Yes, the Adguard browser extension for Safari can't work in integration mode with Adguard for Mac... meaning you can't use it as a replacement for the Adguard Assistant. This is because of limitations in Safari's extensions API developers use for Safari extensions. If you use Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Vivaldi integration mode between the Adguard browser extensions and Adguard for Mac will indeed work. :)

Carlos Santana likes this.
  6. Carlos Santana

I overlooked the Chrome aspect so I went back to experiment with the different settings- you were correct with the integration mode! As of now it only works with Chrome and not Safari. --

After using it a bit more- is there suppose to be a difference between using the adguard assistant vs integration mode- they both seem to have the same function-It seems redundant? Am I missing something of this experience. Can't seem to understand why one would still need the browser extension if one has the standalone app correct- is there some feature/benefit of having both at the same time (as of now only in chrome and not safari)