Missed advertisements

rickyoh

Beta Tester
ebay.com$$div[id="rtm_html_"] is causing false positive removals (of Inspired by your recently viewed items and Popular on eBay, based on your recent activity) on eBay's homepage when logged in. Looking into alternate rules or a workaround. :)
as you've said the rtm_html_ rule is too broad have you tried targeting the specific id with:
Code:
ebay.com##div[id="rtm_html_11575"]
------------
Code:
ebay.com##div#rtm_html_11575

Last edited by a moderator:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
In Internet Explorer 9 and 10 something in the English filter is causing the bottom part of Newegg to not load up the area that's supposed to show recommendations - it always appears as Loading... - works fine in Chrome and works fine in IE when the English filter's disabled.

http://www.newegg.com/

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Fixed newegg.com problem.

What about techzone -- we are removing ads from the page, but cannot remove the page, this is site's logic, we cannot change it.

rickyoh

Beta Tester
so as it is there is no way to remove the full page banner ? though I appreciate that the banner does not contain any ads, it would be even better if the page was suppressed and not allowed to load as it seems that a script is responsible for its loading.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
so as it is there is no way to remove the full page banner ? though I appreciate that the banner does not contain any ads, it would be even better if the page was suppressed and not allowed to load as it seems that a script is responsible for its loading.
Sorry, this webpage -- is not just an element we can block.

rickyoh

Beta Tester
yes if Adguard could find the offending script and inject a custom script of their own to prevent such intrusions it would be awesome.

rickyoh

Beta Tester
sorry to press the issue but concerning techzone when using firefox with noscript installed the banner is not loaded. now i do not know if noscript also works on server side scripts but i find it interesting

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
sorry to press the issue but concerning techzone when using firefox with noscript installed the banner is not loaded. now i do not know if noscript also works on server side scripts but i find it interesting
No problem, especially since you are right. This was really a client script that I have missed because of fast redirect looked like a server redirect.
Thank you, the problem should be gone now!