MMS blocked using Textra

Biz

Hi,

I just got a "new" Verizon Note 4 that's I'm using on PagePlus. I use Textra for texting. MMS appears blocked when Adguard is running.

Right now I have the trial version of Adguard. It expires in a few days. I'm perfectly happy to pay for the Premium version, but would love to get everything working before I do.

Is there something that I should configure differently? If so--just let me know what.

Thanks.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi,

I just got a "new" Verizon Note 4 that's I'm using on PagePlus. I use Textra for texting. MMS appears blocked when Adguard is running.

Right now I have the trial version of Adguard. It expires in a few days. I'm perfectly happy to pay for the Premium version, but would love to get everything working before I do.

Thanks.
Hello! I sent you a one-month key in PM so you could make sure everything works and decide if you'd like to purcahse Adguard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Biz

Hello! I sent you a one-month key in PM so you could make sure everything works and decide if you'd like to purcahse Adguard.

Thanks. I'll see if I can get it to do it again and send you the log file.

Next question--should I care that the app "My Data Manager" thinks Adguard is consuming vast amount of mobile data?

I don't get much data--hence one of the needs for Adguard at all--so I've firewalled off everything I can and set very close watch on what the phone is doing. I can see from Page Plus's website that the App is over-reporting, but this has never happened before (on my S3 which was rooted, running CM and had Adaway)--so just checking.

Thanks,
Biz

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Next question--should I care that the app "My Data Manager" thinks Adguard is consuming vast amount of mobile data?
In fact Adguard will make these stats useless as all others apps traffic is now passed through AG so it looks like AG has consumed everything.

To see the real stats you'd better use the firewall in AG.

but this has never happened before (on my S3 which was rooted, running CM and had Adaway)--so just checking.
Adaway is not a filter, just the hosts file manager, so it's ok that you don't see it in stats.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

More info about battery&traffic stats:
https://kb.adguard.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/50/7/adguard-for-android-battery-and-traffic-consumption-issues

Biz

Hi,

I can't get it to fail again--so it's clearly working fine re sending MMS.

I did get a notice last night saying there was a critical error--I sent you the log report from my phone.

Finally--it does not block ads inside Textra. Every time I get a text--I get an ad.

Thanks!

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I did get a notice last night saying there was a critical error--I sent you the log report from my phone.
Could you please post here the ticket ID? You should have received it in the autoreply email.
Also which version of AG do you use?

Finally--it does not block ads inside Textra. Every time I get a text--I get an ad.
Unfortunately that's the part of the solution. In order to fix this MMS issue we were forced to add Textra to the list exclusions, so there's no filtering inside of that app.

Biz

Hmmm. It must have done something wrong this morning when I tried to post--let's try again....FRG-869-81574

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hmmm. It must have done something wrong this morning when I tried to post--let's try again....FRG-869-81574
Huh, I guess the old logs are purged already, nothing in these from that ticket.

Biz

If it happens again--I'll know what to do and be faster about linking this thread to the problem.

My phone said there was a bug report.

The phone included this in its automatically generated email:

trltevzw-user iooop LRX22C N910VVRU2BOG59 release-keys
i

And when I emailed you guys, using the send feedback link--I got an email saying this:

Ticket ID: FFK-303-10635

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've taken a look at the logs but nothing seems bad there.

How does the error looks like on your side?

Biz

The first one did nothing at all as near as I can tell. It said there was a bug--but I didn't notice it.

The second one, as noted, turned protection off. But that's it.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Could you please update to the latest AG version? We've recently released version 2.1.267 which fixes some important bugs of .240.