more user filter line needed

Discussion in 'Feature Requests (AdGuard for Windows)' started by demoneye, Apr 7, 2014.

1. demoneye

demoneye New Member

more user filter lines needed

HI

there is only 1 "user filter" line to add my manual adding filtering... if i add lets say other list (in my case hebrew one) all my previous entered list are gone....
    we need more than 1 line ...

10x :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
  2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Greetings!

Okay, you can only specify one rule per line however the amount of lines is only limited by your hard drive space (and maybe 4GB filesize limit if on 32-bit Windows) - just remember for new lines to double click on the empty line to edit. The easy way would be to download the Easylist Hebrew list by right clicking on this link and saving it to your desktop. From there in Adguard's options, make sure Extended interface is enabled then go to Settings > Ad Blocker then for the User filters click the Import button and navigate to your desktop and import the EasyList Hebrew list.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
  3. demoneye

demoneye New Member

yes that what i already did ...the only downfall of such action that it will erased my manual adding block element .... i email this to the owner hoping he make more "user filter" lines :)

4. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Demoneye is on about the amount of filter lists you can import rather than the amount of lines you have which is limited to one (User Filter).

Basically if you write/add your own filters and then import a list you lose the ones you personally wrote then if you want to add more than one list then you need to combine the two txt files so hebrew + EasyPrivacy for example then if you add in your own manual filters your always going to lose them iuless you keep a personal list "somewhere".

Whats he's asking for iis the ability to have multiple lists so one a list is imported, instead of it being just user filter maybe it could branch off and be given a name:

User filter > Hebrew
    User filter > Easy Privacy
    User filter > Manual (personally added)

Saves teh user work, time and effort.

Edit:
    Easy way to delete a list be good too.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
  5. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Allowing custom subscriptions would probably be as good, no?

6. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Do you mean add a link and then click update and it would update automatically or something else?

Either way could be added in the same way as i mentioned just so their are not so many options with a tick box to check for updates if thats what you mean.

7. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Few more suggestions.

Multiple copy and delete, onlly way to copy a few filters for someone at moment is to export your list or to retype them then you need to delete them individually if they are not for you.
    Export, Import + Updating of filters to save the state of a filter so if its disabled it stays disabled.

8. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Ability to check for duplicate filters.

At the moment if a user adds a filter to their user list and at a later date its added to the default filters there is no way to tell, what im thinking is for a way that the user can do some sort of check against the default filters for filter matches so if i add a filter and it looks similar to a default filter it will say something and show the two filters side by side

Example:
    User filter: google.co.uk##._Vb,.c
    Default filter: ##._Vb,.c

It sees they are both similar and tells the user that it can be deleted their user list fi they want to delete it.