My wishlist

Discussion in 'Feature Requests (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Boo Berry, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Love Adguard! I've got some suggestions to help improve Adguard. Please comment on any of these!

1) Adblock subscription support (add a custom subscription). This would come in handy if we use custom adblock lists like I do so I don't have to constantly manually add them to the user filter. Would like to keep that separate to test for filters.

2) Better means to know what rules are being currently used on a webpage in the log. This can be kinda confusing when trying to hunt down potential issues with rules knowing which one(s) to modify/disable. Adblock Plus has a neat blockable items feature that when detached looks pretty good and simple: http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4985/blockableitems.jpg

Something with that kind of easy setup would allow us to a) see exactly what filters are in effect and what they're blocking, b) allow us to enable/disable any filters for testing purposes and c) see what filter list they're in. Of course, it can be greatly enhanced in Adguard's uses and needs.

3) Have the Adguard window remember its size and location. I like to resize the window larger to display the adblocking lists and logs better but the program doesn't remember size and location (nor window state like maximized/windowed/etc.).

2. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Thank you! See my comments below.

Maybe, but not in Adguard 5 (in Adguard 6 maybe).

We has "Log" section for this. You can see all rules (except CSS-rules) used for each request.
    We also plan to add "Rules used on this page" section to "Adguard assistant", but it is difficult to give an ETA.
    I'll show new Adguard assistant images soon, we are working on it's design now.

We'll think about it. This feature has a bad side-effect - if you use multiple monitors and then switch to one (notebook + monitor for example) Adguard window can become invisible.

3. Boo Berry

This would work for me.

This is true, but fortunately I don't currently use multiple monitors. :p At the very least saving the window size would be sufficient enough for me.

Here's another idea. A feature to arrange all user filters by name so it groups all sites' rules together?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
  4. Boo Berry

Here's another idea, user script/style support. This would allow user scripts and user styles to work globally between browsers, including Internet Explorer and Safari. I realize the technical challenge for this, especially in Internet Explorer's case but thoughts?

5. AdguardPR

AdguardPR Administrator Administrator

Actually it's a quite good idea.