Network connection and speed

Omarzwy

Adguard for windows assumed to increase browsing speed but in my case it makes it terrible because it slows down my browsing and sometimes i need to disable and re enable it to resume connection. Any advice for best performance.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Not seeing any speed issues here. I'm sure the AG team will need info, e.g. what Windows are you using? Any antivirus/antimalware software? If so, what? What web browser(s) are you using? How fast is your connection usually?

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Are you using Android or Windows ( you posted in Android section, but you wrote Windows)

Omarzwy

Not seeing any speed issues here. I'm sure the AG team will need info, e.g. what Windows are you using? Any antivirus/antimalware software? If so, what? What web browser(s) are you using? How fast is your connection usually?
My OS is windows 10 pro ( 1903) with latest updates.
Antivirus is kaspersky total security.
I brows with adguard and without it, so i can see the different.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@Omarzwy
Hello there!
To get started, you should add applications to each other exceptions (AdGuard and Kaspersky).
You should also try turning off the WFP driver and checking the connection speed.
Please send screenshots from these two sites fast.com & speedtest.net (with protection on and off).

Omarzwy

@Omarzwy
Hello there!
To get started, you should add applications to each other exceptions (AdGuard and Kaspersky).
You should also try turning off the WFP driver and checking the connection speed.
Please send screenshots from these two sites fast.com & speedtest.net (with protection on and off).
Thank you for your advice. I excluded applications each other and i think it is now better. concerning WFP driver, is not important to turn it off.
another thing please, which best for proxy setting, system proxy, no proxy, or manual configuration ?

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@Omarzwy
- Use system proxy settings might be the best solution. (Will use the system proxy. If it is configured).
- No proxy (Blocks all proxy settings)
- Manual proxy config
Then, of course, you will need to register its address and port. But the speed will depend on the speed of the connection with Proxy.