New AdGuard Pro iOS Status

SelfHighFive

Very excited to see a new version of AdGuard for iOS released this week.

I know that updating Adguard Pro is next. But is there an approximate timeline? Will we see something within the next 30 days or is this something more involved that requires extensive development and we are looking at another six months?

Also will there be an open Beta program through TestFlight that we can sign up for before the full release?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Any ETA/timeline for the Pro version depends on Apple and how the app review goes.

SelfHighFive

Is the new PRO version completed and ready for submission to Apple?

Also are there any feature differences between the new "PRO" vs "Non-Pro with a Premium license". They seem to be the same product which is confusing. Why have two products?

Last edited:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Yeah, it's already finished but they've been trying to pass the review for awhile now. I believe the non-Pro version was rejected 3 times before it passed.

Tademos

Hi there

I’m new to AdGuard and looking for the differences between AdGuard Pro and AdGuard with licensing within the app. Why two apps?

Thank you!
Tademos

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
In the near future we are planning to release an update for the PRO version that fully equates the functionality of the PRO and Free versions.
The only difference is that the PRO version will immediately offer premium features. (after purchase).

sofauxboho

In the near future we are planning to release an update for the PRO version that fully equates the functionality of the PRO and Free versions.
The only difference is that the PRO version will immediately offer premium features. (after purchase).
When you say that the PRO version will offer premium features "after purchase" do you mean:
* Purchase of AdGuard Pro from the App Store (currently $1.99)
* An additional one-time in app purchase
* Purchase of a recurring AdGuard license subscription or lifetime license
Or something else?

Bastet

The way I read that statement is when you purchase the Pro version it will have all the features enabled, whereas with the free version you’ll have to subscribe or purchase a lifetime license.
Unless it will only offer limited premium features on purchase with the rest being unlocked after further purchase of a license.
The first makes more sense although the cost of the app may increase to cover the first year’s subscription or the lifetime license.

aegis

Administrator
Administrator
The way I read that statement is when you purchase the Pro version it will have all the features enabled, whereas with the free version you’ll have to subscribe or purchase a lifetime license.
Yep, correct. No additional purchases for anyone who has already made a purchase through App Store :)

aegis

Administrator
Administrator
This is interesting!

So what the difference between AdGuard Pro and Premium please ?
There is none! We just can't abandon Pro version because many people have already bought it through App Store before.

Dave009

Just received update advice for AdGuard Pro on iOS but it wants to update to 4.0.1 which is AdGuard (not Pro). AdGuard Pro direct search in App Store shows no update.?.

I’m confused. If I tap update, I will no longer have AdGuard Pro. Has support for this ceased?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
The new major update for AdGuard Pro for iOS was actually released today. Read more about it on the blog, it should hopefully answer all questions.

TL;DR, AdGuard Pro for iOS and AdGuard for iOS are more-or-less the same now. The difference is the Pro version has all premium features unlocked by default and doesn't require a license to unlock them, whereas AG for iOS does need a license to unlock the premium features. AG Pro for iOS' price is eventually going to go up, so if you don't have the Pro version yet, I'd highly suggest getting it before the price increases as AG Pro for iOS right now is the better value (until the price increase, of course).

antdude

The new major update for AdGuard Pro for iOS was actually released today. Read more about it on the blog, it should hopefully answer all questions.

TL;DR, AdGuard Pro for iOS and AdGuard for iOS are more-or-less the same now. The difference is the Pro version has all premium features unlocked by default and doesn't require a license to unlock them, whereas AG for iOS does need a license to unlock the premium features. AG Pro for iOS' price is eventually going to go up, so if you don't have the Pro version yet, I'd highly suggest getting it before the price increases as AG Pro for iOS right now is the better value (until the price increase, of course).
I'm SO glad I bought the pro version months ago. I thought I made a bad decision due to lack of updates. I'm glad I waited. I was using regular's Safari content blockers with Pro's DNS blocker at the same time too. Now, I can stop using regular app (maybe uninstall it too).

romared403

hi i have just came across this thing and really don't know how it works but i want to use it for my ios device to block ads. can anyone guide me how to use it ?

Dave009

can anyone guide me how to use it
It’s pretty easy. First install and run it. Then go to IOS settings scroll down to Safari and on right side of screen scroll down to Contents blockers. Tap that and then turn on all six AdGuard entries. Exit settings. Open AdGuard again and tap Settings (the little cog bottom right of screen). Tap DNS protection and choose a server. I think it defaults to Adguard DNS so this last step is not needed unless you prefer to use a different DNS server). While in settings you might want to check the Network settings and make sure wifi and mobile data filtering is on too (I can’t remember if it’s on by default but suspect it is). That’s it - all done, say goodbye to adds and other crap.