No Filter List Updates For 2-3 Days?

Discussion in 'Discussion (Adguard for Windows)' started by chromatinfish123, May 11, 2014.

1. chromatinfish123

chromatinfish123 Beta Tester

I'm quite worried. No filters have been updated for 2-3 days:confused:. Is there something wrong or is Adguard's team busy doing other things? Or is it just because submissions haven't been made yet? I also see that ads are slipping in some websites. I submitted them, so you should get them:D.

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Hmmm, the English filter seems to have been updated today? It's at 1.0.34.68 right now. Avatar is on vacation until tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014
  3. chromatinfish123

chromatinfish123 Beta Tester

Yes, I have the new filter. Just wondering if there were any technical issues with Adguard not being able to update.
    Here are some sites that ads slip through (English and Chinese):
    http://www.wenxuecity.com is having ads slip through in Maxthon and Avant Browsers. I am using IE/Firefox now so it is not an issue.
    http://huaren.us the banner on top does not disappear with Adguard and also ads on post
    http://www.wired.com an annoying ad that takes up half the screen on the top

4. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Please tell me which filters you're using in Adguard. Just in case, I'd recommend making sure Filter for useful ads isn't enabled.

Cannot confirm this in Maxthon (latest release, tried both Webkit and Trident cores). Got a screenshot and/or links to the pages where the ads show?

Okay, first try adding this to your user filter to block the top ad;

Code:
    /Adverts/ad_768X90.html$domain=huaren.us
    Next try adding this to your user filter to block the ads in forum posts;

Code:
    forums.huaren.us###ad_thread1_1
    Finally try adding this to your user filter to block the bottom ad;

Code:
    forums.huaren.us###ad_footerbanner
    If you see anymore, please link to the pages/posts!

Can you please provide a screenshot?

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Here's one more rule to add to your user filter for huaren.us to remove an ad image element;

Code:
    huaren.us##DIV.span5.article_title_ad_img

5. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

As you said they probably hadn't been reported, also i dont know how active the adguard team are at weekends ive not taken much notice. But, if you see a site thats missing things then please do report it like you are doing so, though you might get a faster response on the forums via other users, you can also if you wish write your own filters and post them in the missed ads section for so report the missed ads and at the same time add the filter to fix it.

6. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Adblock Polska has not been updated recently

Final set of rules for huaren.us is:
    Code:
    hueren.us##div[id^="ad_"]
    huaren.us##.article_title_ad_img
    ||huaren.us/Adverts/
    ||huaren.us/bbs_ads/
    ||huaren.us/banners/