No longer blocking Facebook suggested posts

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Please try this rule in your user filter:
Code:
facebook.com##div[id^="substream_"] div[id^="hyperfeed_story_id_"]:has(div._5pcp._5lel > span div a[href="#"])
If it is working for you too, I will modify existing rule.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Thanks for testing, rule exchanged in filter list. Will be available in update in 2-3 hours.

Wittier

Just fixed a "Sponsored" post over at github (update will be available in 2-3 hours). Didn't see any "likes this" though.
Please send a report using "Submit a complaint about this website" in extension's menu.

Please note Facebook is using a lot of different elements to define a sponsored post. They even blocked contextmenu on that "Sponsored" text this time and put parts of the words in different elements, so when one searches for the text in code, it won't show up.

The Suggested Post ads on Facebook disappeared yesterday after the English Filter update. But they came back again tonight. I have updated the filter again and reloaded FB page again several times but they ads are still there.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Update is not ready yet, please wait or add the rule to user filter meanwhile.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Please enable Annoyance filter (we are testing a rule) and update.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Don‘t have the exact menu in front of me as I am on mobile, but in settings where you see English/Base filter, you should have two buttons. The first one should be the one you require to see the available filter list.

Wittier

Don‘t have the exact menu in front of me as I am on mobile, but in settings where you see English/Base filter, you should have two buttons. The first one should be the one you require to see the available filter list.
Thank you.

The fix above, adding Annoyances Filter, worked from Sep 2 til Sep 14.

Sponsored posts on FB reappeared in Chrome on Sep 14. I updated the filters on AdGuard Settings and still see the Sponsored posts after the update. Perhaps I need to do more, not sure.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Not reproduced. Did some friends liked sponsored posts and it shows it that way to you then?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Also what region/country are you from (and using with Facebook)? From what I've seen, the sponsored posts vary from location to location.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
So far I only found a sponsored post on iphone.facebook.com, but I doubt you use that url.