No longer blocking Facebook suggested posts

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
It's not a setting you change. Facebook knows your geolocation/localization (or at least has a general idea) and displays sponsored posts based on that. It's one of the reason why reproducing these sponsored posts can be difficult.

I can't reproduce it either... yet. It's likely a matter of time until they show up for me (and others) too.

Like I said, give that Facebook Unsponsored userscript I posted a link to above a go (you can add it as an extension in AG for Windows) and see if it helps any.

jagita

Windows 10 10.0.17133
Chrome
Adguard Chrome Extension, that I've been using for years.

Same problem just started yesterday, Torrent TurboTax Gogoanime Apr 17.

Normally, AdGuard blocks nearly all ads on facebook.com in Chrome. Yesterday, I started seeing a lot of "suggested post" ads in the facebook News Feed.

I tried submitting several of these ads to create filters for them. That did not work.

Something has changed with AdGuard or in how Facebook serves these ads.

I tried to troubleshoot, tried to update filters, no luck.
Starting today, my Facebook is riddled with these inline timeline posts that start with "Suggested post" and XYZ likes this... It's all ads. Adguard always did a great job removing them. It's no longer blocking any of them.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Hmmm, it's possible Facebook changed the div again, causing the filter to stop working.

The cat and mouse game continues.

AlexandrDarius

Recently the Suggested posts on Facebooku started to appear for us.

Quite annoying, as their targeting algorithm is very stupid.

Hope somebody comes with a fix soon :)

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
We are currently testing a new rule. Sadly the ad in newsfeed was only displayed once for me :(

Adam

Filters Developer
Staff member
The new rule was added to Annoyances filter (update should be available in 1-2 hours), if it will works correctly then it will be moved to AdGuard Base/English filter.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Please note newsfeed should be faster after this update now (was sometimes laggy when scrolling down a lot). For ads in newsfeed it requires Annoyances filter so far until the rule gets moved to English/Base filter.

FireFox/Opera Extension users have to add the rule to user filter:
Code:
facebook.com,facebookcorewwwi.onion#%#(function() { var observer=new MutationObserver(hide);observer.observe(document,{childList:!0,subtree:!0});function hide(){var e=document.querySelectorAll('div[id^="substream_"] div[id^="hyperfeed_story_id"]');e.forEach(function(e){var i=e.__FB_STORE;if(i){var t=i["data-ft"];if(t!==void 0&&(!0===t.includes('"is_sponsored":1')||!0===t.includes('"ei":')&&!1===t.includes('"page_id":"'))){e.style="display:none!important;";}}})} })();

Last edited:

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Please note the tests were successful so far and the rule got moved to English/Base filter.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Starting today, my Facebook is riddled with these inline timeline posts that start with "Suggested post" and XYZ likes this... It's all ads.
Can't reproduce on facebook.com and Chrome Extension. Which product are you running and which exact facebook url are you using (they have at least 13 different sites on which you can check your timeline)?