Not working block ads on Youtube videos

Abby

Beta Tester
Hi, it's a few days back, whats stopped working as blocking ads before videos on YouTube. You do not know, please, in what may be the problem and how to recover it blocking? Otherwise AdGuard works great. Thank you.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Not reproduced on my Adguard for Windows build. Tried a few random ones and no ad.

Does this happen on your Mac or your Windows and which browser? Does it matter which video?
Are you talking about any App or the normal website?

Umbra

Beta Tester
Same here, tried several videos (on my Win10 x64 Home, Chrome x64 ) one after the other, no ads.

Abby

Beta Tester
It is random, some videos is without ads and some with ads. It is on Mac (Sierra) and Windows 10 too, web browser is Chrome.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Please post such video where you encounter ads.
Which filters do you use?

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It is on Mac (Sierra) and Windows 10 too, web browser is Chrome.
This is weird. I mean I may have supposed something if it was just on Mac or just on Windows. But it's really weird to have the same issue on both Mac and Windows.
The only idea I have is that AG does not filter HTTPS on Youtube due to your network settings.

For instance, once I've faced a situation when HTTPS traffic was filtered by users' provider. Adguard didn't trust provider's certificate and due to this there was no HTTPS filtering at all.

Could you please check what certificate do you see on youtube?
In Chrome: open developer tools, go to "Security" tab and click "View certificate".

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
That's a lot of filters - I suspect there's a conflict somewhere with having so many enabled.

I just have the English, Annoyance and User filters enabled and I never encounter YouTube ads.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Please try to disable the following filters and try again:

I dont care about cookies
Anti-Adblock Killer | Reek
Filter for unblocking useful ads

Other filters are fine as I use those too.

@Boo Berry
That is not a lot, I have over 42 filters active.