Notification Frequency

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by TylerOrth, Mar 27, 2019.

1. TylerOrth

TylerOrth New Member

Using Windows 10 and Google Chrome, around once an hour or so I see a pop up (in the bottom right of the screen) about some site being blocked. What is this about? I do see the small numeral figure when pop ups get blocked by the AdGuard extension icon. But why is it once an hour rather than every time something gets blocked?

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

It sounds like AG for Windows' browsing security feature is blocking a website from being opened. In the past, this was sometimes caused by a Chrome extension doing something it shouldn't be doing. Does it happen even if you leave the browser open and alone without doing any web browsing? Is so, I'd be checking your browser extensions to see if there's a malicious one, potentially.

3. TheHasagi

TheHasagi Quality Assurance / Support Commando Staff Member Administrator Moderator

@TylerOrth

Browsing security module reacts on some websites that you are trying to open (potentially malicious), depends on what websites you are trying to open :)

4. TylerOrth

TylerOrth New Member

Thanks for the response so far. I have now tried leaving the browser is open and actively on a site but no web browsing and don't see any notifications. What I don't understand is when I go to AdGuard's test page, I get no notification popup. Do you have any ideas of how I can test this for consistency so I can know either A) AdGuard is just doing its job while I am browsing blocking redirects from the website, or B) AdGuard is doing its job blocking re-directs from a malicious Chrome extension. Am I on the right track here?