Nougat "Internet connection may not be available" with HTTPS Filtering

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Android)' started by Timmy256, Jun 3, 2017.

1. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

@zebrum plz don't forget to post everything you find out to the GH issue

2. tox1c90

tox1c90 Beta Tester

I was pretty busy during the last weeks and didn't have time to deal with this issue, but now I collected the log files as requested and sent it to you @zebrum

3. Rubenn

Rubenn New Member

В новой панели нет листинга. Он предоставляет сырые данные всем своим действиям для пользователя. Досада - небольшая информация.

Google translation:
    There is no listing in the new panel. It provides raw data to all of its actions for the user. The annoyance is a little information.

4. Blaz

Blaz Moderator & Translator Moderator

@Rubenn
    Please provide google translation of your Russian text next time when posting in English forum part, thank you.
    I added it for your last two posts.

5. Kaos

Kaos New Member

Hello everyone,
    I'm encountering the same issue of Timmy256, the feedback with the full recording level from Adguard app has been sent :)
    User ID: 1708120

6. Dennis

Dennis New Member

Hello I got the same problem. But I can solve it. Go under "Preferences"->"Apps Management", look for "Android OS" . Click on "Android OS" and uncheck the box "Enabled" under "General. That immediately solves the problem. Good luck and a happy new year.

Kaos likes this.
  7. tox1c90

tox1c90 Beta Tester

Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem for me. :(

According to the logs there is also no indication that anything is blocked at all. I can disable all filters and add everything Android-related to exclusion list, but it still gives me the "connection may not be available" error, whenever the local proxy is configured in wifi settings.

It really makes AdGuard useless for me on Android, because I need VPN and because of the (bad) wifi conditions at my work place I need to enable the Android feature that switches back to mobile data whenever wifi connectivity is unstable/bad.
    This AdGuard problem causes Android to believe all the time that the wifi connection is not reliable and doesn't allow internet access, so it switches to cellular data permanently.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  8. tox1c90

tox1c90 Beta Tester

I gave it one more try:

Disabled routing of all apps through Adguard via app firewall, disabled HTTPS filtering, disabled app filtering, disabled all filters, even tried completely disabling filtering of IPv4+IPv6 networks via low-level settings, no success.
    As long as the manual proxy is set, connecting to Wifi gives exclamation mark and "Internet connection may not be available". :(

9. avatar

Does your Wi-Fi provide IPv6 connectivity? It might be happening due to the way we set up IPv6 redirect.

10. UMX

UMX Member

Can't s/o /w a rooted phone please run tcpdump to see what's actually happening or what's the diff in traffic/packets between proxy set and proxy not set is?

11. tox1c90

tox1c90 Beta Tester

At home I have an IPv6 connection, but not at my work place. When I tried excluding everything from being filtered by Adguard, I was connected to the WiFi at work. So I guess that's not the problem, or maybe not the only one.

12. avatar

Sorry for the late reply!

So excluding something does help after all? Could you please try narrowing it down to the specific app that needs to be excluded?

13. amedeus

amedeus New Member

Solution Dennis came with works for me, if it stops working I'll comment again