Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Android)' started by Timmy256, Jun 3, 2017.
@zebrum plz don't forget to post everything you find out to the GH issue
I was pretty busy during the last weeks and didn't have time to deal with this issue, but now I collected the log files as requested and sent it to you @zebrum
В новой панели нет листинга. Он предоставляет сырые данные всем своим действиям для пользователя. Досада - небольшая информация.
There is no listing in the new panel. It provides raw data to all of its actions for the user. The annoyance is a little information.
Please provide google translation of your Russian text next time when posting in English forum part, thank you.
I added it for your last two posts.
I'm encountering the same issue of Timmy256, the feedback with the full recording level from Adguard app has been sent
User ID: 1708120
Hello I got the same problem. But I can solve it. Go under "Preferences"->"Apps Management", look for "Android OS" . Click on "Android OS" and uncheck the box "Enabled" under "General. That immediately solves the problem. Good luck and a happy new year.
Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem for me.
According to the logs there is also no indication that anything is blocked at all. I can disable all filters and add everything Android-related to exclusion list, but it still gives me the "connection may not be available" error, whenever the local proxy is configured in wifi settings.
It really makes AdGuard useless for me on Android, because I need VPN and because of the (bad) wifi conditions at my work place I need to enable the Android feature that switches back to mobile data whenever wifi connectivity is unstable/bad.
This AdGuard problem causes Android to believe all the time that the wifi connection is not reliable and doesn't allow internet access, so it switches to cellular data permanently.
I gave it one more try:
Disabled routing of all apps through Adguard via app firewall, disabled HTTPS filtering, disabled app filtering, disabled all filters, even tried completely disabling filtering of IPv4+IPv6 networks via low-level settings, no success.
As long as the manual proxy is set, connecting to Wifi gives exclamation mark and "Internet connection may not be available".
Does your Wi-Fi provide IPv6 connectivity? It might be happening due to the way we set up IPv6 redirect.
Can't s/o /w a rooted phone please run tcpdump to see what's actually happening or what's the diff in traffic/packets between proxy set and proxy not set is?
At home I have an IPv6 connection, but not at my work place. When I tried excluding everything from being filtered by Adguard, I was connected to the WiFi at work. So I guess that's not the problem, or maybe not the only one.
Sorry for the late reply!
So excluding something does help after all? Could you please try narrowing it down to the specific app that needs to be excluded?
Solution Dennis came with works for me, if it stops working I'll comment again
Recently set the supply router with AdGuard DNS Settings. Then went on to setup AdGuard Proxy on the mobile's. Once everything did a power cycle after allowing the router to go 1st, my Samsung Galaxy A8 was the quickest to restart & display problem. It's running Oreo 8.0 (Nougat) with the latest AdGuard 2.12. Next was our Android tv box running 7.1 via Ethernet. Last was the wife's Apple XR-I with iOS 12.1.
Other than the TV box, we have AdGuard latest & now supplied by router with DNS. Problem is that if we try to use "mobile version" we have no service from AdGuard or the router.
So for a few hours now I have been trying to get answers prior to posting this. Closest thing I have to working is the post from Dennis, about "Preferences>Apps Management>Android OS..." That measure allows me to be online. Sort of.
I was able to return to this page & then to my set home page. As soon as I tried to get back here to reply I was offline once again. Yet my wifi showed perfect signal still. AdGuard was still off & unnecessary. Opening Net History was able to backtrack progress. ONLY BACK! Staying online, yet if I try anything else I get an error message. Despite the countless times trying, logs could not be produced if left Proxy set. Turning it off then encounter problem of not being able to turn AdGuard on so that log can be created.
Trying to be as thorough as possible so can supply Tech Support with needed information on this, I have taken some screenshots as well. If I reset the router to ISP DNS settings, it is all good (although time consuming) The Apple when router has AdGuard set has "dial up" style connection.
Turning off mobile version 1st, then setting up Proxy goes good. IF leave it in that state. Put DNS on router, same response to all devices: 0 mobile version, 0 Proxy = Internet. Add 1 or both causes failure to stay operational. Any site open prior remains that way with ability to scroll up/down (go figure!) but nothing else.
The Android TV box doesn't have any sort of ad blocker, yet despite being hardwired in suddenly stuttering if try to have DNS via the router. 3-8 seconds viewing then 10-15 seconds buffering (it has been timed!) Both 2.4+5G connection.
Both ipv4 & ipv6 option through router & mobile's has been tried. In various combination even. Same result across the various forms. Without DNS servers we have normal usage of our services. The only exception is if we have DNS server via router & turn off the mobile's & only allow the TV box to be connected we get great service! In fact is the very reason for trying to get this set up!
An Alcatel mobile running Android 5.1 was also tested with the same result.
Final step was to turn off the mobile version on all with only the DNS Settings allows for a connection to the internet. No Proxy, no additional service from AdGuard. Android or not.
Just in case need full size of previous screenshots, these are them.